The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Week 7 Discussion Posts

By tribewriter
7/08/2019 9:33 am
* What is going on in San Antonio? The Gunslingers are 3-4, but look at the three wins—Honolulu (Pacific Division leader), Baltimore, and now Atlantic Division co-leader Pittsburgh. The 'Slingers lambasted the Maulers, 33-9, with a 23-point fourth quarter. Walter Jackson, an 11th-year career backup QB, fired a pair of TD passes in that final quarter. San Antonio CB Jim Jansen intercepted two Pittsburgh passes in the final 5 minutes.
* What is going on in Boston? The Breakers are also 3-4 after a 20-6 victory over the Tampa Bay Bandits. Boston MLB Joseph Totten returned an interception 34 yards for a TD during the fourth quarter. The Breakers also own victories over the Philadelphia Bell and Michigan Panthers—both playoff teams within the last two seasons.
* What is going on in Memphis? The Showboats sat out last year's playoffs, but are 6-1 and tied with the Houston Gamblers atop the Southwest Division after a 61-9 Memphis win over the Cleveland Thunderbolts. Remember, Cleveland was 11-5 and a wild card playoff entrant last year, so the 'Bolts are not exactly chopped liver. But Memphis made them look just like that, rolling up 689 yards total offense behind six TD passes and 656 passing yards from James Perry.
* Los Angeles Express MLB Troy Irwin tied his own league record with four interceptions during a 44-13 win over the Southern California Sun.
* Houston Gamblers RB Mark Lambert had 190 yards rushing and 244 yards receiving during a 55-6 humbling of the San Jose SaberCats. The 434 total yards was the most by any USFL/WFL player this season.
* The Birmingham Stallions have won four in a row to seize first place in the South Division. The Stallions avenged last season's overtime playoff loss to Jacksonville by defeating the Bulls, 17-16. Instead of kicking the winning field goal with 1:54 to play, the Bulls went for it on fourth down from the Birmingham 4. The pass was incomplete, and the Stallions took the ball and ran out the clock.
* Denver knocked New Orleans out of a first-place tie with Birmingham by defeating the VooDoo, 44-6. The Gold scored 28 points in the second quarter. One New Orleans fumble led to a 4-yard TD drive by Denver, and another fumble was returned 35 yards for a TD.
* The Portland Storm snapped their franchise-record six-game losing streak with a 41-13 win over the Oakland Invaders. Richard Glasscock had 10 catches for 193 yards including 33- and 75-yard TDs.
Last edited at 7/08/2019 11:28 am

By Wolveraider
7/08/2019 9:39 am
Good game Bulls...as tough a contest as I expected, a lot of big plays for both teams in this one.....good luck the rest of the season.

I'm guessing you have a rule set about going for it on 4th and short?

By trslick
7/08/2019 10:05 am
GG Florida

By Hellbringer
7/08/2019 11:54 am
GG Wheels. Pretty close game. Neither of us found the redzone.

By hectorg93
7/08/2019 2:07 pm
GG Stallions , yeah i do have a rule for it. just came to bite me in the *** this time lol

By ToroTex
7/08/2019 3:58 pm
GG Maulers.

Nobody is more surprised at the outcome than me...

By Otterpop
7/08/2019 6:11 pm
ToroTex wrote:
GG Maulers.

Nobody is more surprised at the outcome than me...

Good Game Toro/Gunslingers. I was a bit surprised but honestly I am not. Cannot win every game 4.50 won't let you :) Good Luck the rest of season.

By Cjfred68
7/08/2019 6:26 pm
hectorg93 wrote:
GG Stallions , yeah i do have a rule for it. just came to bite me in the *** this time lol

You can alter the rule based on time of the game and score so it wont burn you again

By Cjfred68
7/08/2019 6:29 pm
Houston RB Lambert missed the first 3 games of the season but is finally getting up to speed on the new offense.

The team has tempered his potential vs him being overused so we can keep him healthy for the stretch run.

By pdoug20
7/08/2019 8:13 pm
tribewriter wrote:
* What is going on in San Antonio? The Gunslingers are 3-4, but look at the three wins—Honolulu (Pacific Division leader), Baltimore, and now Atlantic Division co-leader Pittsburgh. The 'Slingers lambasted the Maulers, 33-9, with a 23-point fourth quarter. Walter Jackson, an 11th-year career backup QB, fired a pair of TD passes in that final quarter. San Antonio CB Jim Jansen intercepted two Pittsburgh passes in the final 5 minutes.
* What is going on in Boston? The Breakers are also 3-4 after a 20-6 victory over the Tampa Bay Bandits. Boston MLB Joseph Totten returned an interception 34 yards for a TD during the fourth quarter. The Breakers also own victories over the Philadelphia Bell and Michigan Panthers—both playoff teams within the last two seasons.
* What is going on in Memphis? The Showboats sat out last year's playoffs, but are 6-1 and tied with the Houston Gamblers atop the Southwest Division after a 61-9 Memphis win over the Cleveland Thunderbolts. Remember, Cleveland was 11-5 and a wild card playoff entrant last year, so the 'Bolts are not exactly chopped liver. But Memphis made them look just like that, rolling up 689 yards total offense behind six TD passes and 656 passing yards from James Perry.
* Los Angeles Express MLB Troy Irwin tied his own league record with four interceptions during a 44-13 win over the Southern California Sun.
* Houston Gamblers RB Mark Lambert had 190 yards rushing and 244 yards receiving during a 55-6 humbling of the San Jose SaberCats. The 434 total yards was the most by any USFL/WFL player this season.
* The Birmingham Stallions have won four in a row to seize first place in the South Division. The Stallions avenged last season's overtime playoff loss to Jacksonville by defeating the Bulls, 17-16. Instead of kicking the winning field goal with 1:54 to play, the Bulls went for it on fourth down from the Birmingham 4. The pass was incomplete, and the Stallions took the ball and ran out the clock.
* Denver knocked New Orleans out of a first-place tie with Birmingham by defeating the VooDoo, 44-6. The Gold scored 28 points in the second quarter. One New Orleans fumble led to a 4-yard TD drive by Denver, and another fumble was returned 35 yards for a TD.
* The Portland Storm snapped their franchise-record six-game losing streak with a 41-13 win over the Oakland Invaders. Richard Glasscock had 10 catches for 193 yards including 33- and 75-yard TDs.

What’s going on in Boston?? Management and the coaching staff had a closed-door meeting and hashed out a new gameplan to get the Breakers back on track. Safe to say that the team is responding!!