The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1984 Season, Week 2 Discussion

By tribewriter
6/26/2019 5:53 am
Some conversation starters:
* We finally got the titanic upset in Week 2 that we didn't get in Week 1. The New Orleans VooDoo, under rookie head coach shavar, stunned the defending World Bowl champion New Jersey Generals, 17-13. New Orleans WR James Sheckler, last season's MVP, caught two TD passes from QB Bruno Wilson, the second with 1:56 to play. The Generals lost despite having a 24-9 advantage in first downs.
* If there was an "upset" in Week 1, it was the Birmingham Stallions beating the Portland Storm, 33-0. Now, Birmingham is a fine team and Portland's roster is getting older. But that marked the first time in franchise history that the Storm had been shut out. Portland is still looking for its first TD of the season after falling to the Memphis Showboats, 45-9, in Week 2. Of Portland's 19 possessions against Memphis, 16 were three-and-out.
* Somebody forgot to tell Memphis QB James Perry that QBs are nerfed in this version. Perry passed for 540 yards and six TDs against Portland, with WR Willie Howland catching seven passes for 235 yards and two TDs. Perry was 30-for-53 passing, but was also intercepted four times.
* The Washington Federals opened some eyes by edging Birmingham, 28-26. QB Joe Richardson found WR Luther Ellis for an 88-yard TD with 1:12 to go. The Stallions paid big for defensive overusage on that play. But, just a few seconds later, Washington was penalized for defensive overusage, leading to a 53-yard pass completion for Birmingham. That set up Robert Moulton's 34-yard field goal attempt at the final gun, which sailed wide right.
* The Honolulu Hawaiians knocked off Los Angeles, the defending Pacific Division champions, 9-3. LAX committed four turnovers.
* Rookie QB Melvin Driggers had an 18.34 QBR and was intercepted three times during the Tampa Bay Bandits' 38-3 loss to the Pittsburgh Maulers. But his overall rating climbed another point to 71 (my weights).
* Philadelphia Bell CB Stephen Ross had 10 tackles and an interception during his team's 10-3 win over the Detroit Wheels.
* Birmingham at New Orleans looks like the Game of the Week for Week 3.
* I have no idea how to interpret this information, but Georgia Force coach greyghost1225 has been a member of 49 currently active MFN leagues.
Last edited at 6/26/2019 5:58 am

By greyghost1225
6/26/2019 10:31 am
In regards to the greyghost league part. This has happen due to many reasons.

1. In some leagues I am asked to join to get the leagues spinning again because they need owners.
2. some because a team has been trashed and it needs to be turned around. As many are aware teams in salary cap **** are hard to get anyone to take. I turn the team around and move on.
3. some I leave due to the LA's not taking an active role in the league or just an, just by name only or just an inactive league
4. If you notice I no longer join a.i. leagues.
5. Some I join because I have more time than at a specific point in RL. For example by August of this year I will be down to 5-7 leagues because I will be taking 5 classes and working. There are 5 leagues I won't leave NCAA, Paydirt, USLF, XFL, and Champions. I am still up in the air on the other 2.

Since I have been in MFN, I think around 4 years, these life events have happened
1. Went to 2 different colleges College of Southern Nevada and Palm Beach State. I also changed majors.
2. My first grand child was born.
3. almost died(abdominal aorta anuerysm)
4. lived in 5 different states(New Mexico, Ohio, California, Florida, Nevada)
5. I worked 6 different jobs.

Yes, my family thinks I am crazy also. :)

By tribewriter
6/26/2019 10:34 am
No one here implied you are crazy. Busy, but not crazy.

By Duval
6/26/2019 10:40 am
tribewriter wrote:
No one here implied you are crazy. Busy, but not crazy.

I dunno seems crazy to me.. wait what?

By Duval
6/26/2019 10:41 am
greyghost1225 wrote:
In regards to the greyghost league part. This has happen due to many reasons.

1. In some leagues I am asked to join to get the leagues spinning again because they need owners.
2. some because a team has been trashed and it needs to be turned around. As many are aware teams in salary cap **** are hard to get anyone to take. I turn the team around and move on.
3. some I leave due to the LA's not taking an active role in the league or just an, just by name only or just an inactive league
4. If you notice I no longer join a.i. leagues.
5. Some I join because I have more time than at a specific point in RL. For example by August of this year I will be down to 5-7 leagues because I will be taking 5 classes and working. There are 5 leagues I won't leave NCAA, Paydirt, USLF, XFL, and Champions. I am still up in the air on the other 2.

Since I have been in MFN, I think around 4 years, these life events have happened
1. Went to 2 different colleges College of Southern Nevada and Palm Beach State. I also changed majors.
2. My first grand child was born.
3. almost died(abdominal aorta anuerysm)
4. lived in 5 different states(New Mexico, Ohio, California, Florida, Nevada)
5. I worked 6 different jobs.

Yes, my family thinks I am crazy also. :)

You've probably saves countless leagues and created a better experience for anyone coming in behind you.. MFN loves you.

By tribewriter
6/26/2019 10:41 am
A crazy man wouldn't have left behind a team good enough to beat New Jersey.

Either that, or shavar is actually setherick in disguise.

By Duval
6/26/2019 10:43 am
tribewriter wrote:

Seth coming back under a pen name? Interesting.. maybe he just wants to be left alone?

By greyghost1225
6/26/2019 11:34 am
lol, thanks I think. :)

By greyghost1225
6/26/2019 11:37 am
tribewriter wrote:

now, now, My Force did pull off the victory last night in unique fashion on the last play of the game. We have now tied the win total from last season in week 2. :)

By trslick
6/26/2019 11:42 am
Great game mwd!