The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Name Your Players Before Camp Tonight

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
6/13/2019 5:36 pm
I don't remember who, but I remember someone in the chat room during the draft asking about the deadline to name players. I answered before training camp, then went and did something else.

I later saw a reply that someone said the first preseason game. That is incorrect, even though I believe it's listed that way somewhere in the help section. I remember back to my first allocation draft, thinking I had until the 1st preseason game to name them. I wanted to wait and see who boomed and busted first, then once camp ran, the rename button disappeared.

I realize we didn't just have an allocation, but the deadline is the same. My names are done with 7 hours to spare.

Re: Name Your Players Before Camp Tonight

By Kababmaster
6/13/2019 7:39 pm
I'm going to rename all my players on D to that of Mexican / Latino / Hispanic type names.

Our D will forever be known as the "Taco Wall" (with extra hot sauce)

6/13/2019 7:44 pm
Kababmaster wrote:
I'm going to rename all my players on D to that of Mexican / Latino / Hispanic type names.

Our D will forever be known as the "Taco Wall" (with extra hot sauce)

You can even name one Taco Wall if you choose. I used Tuco Salamanca from Breaking Bad in one or two leagues.

Possibilities:

Juan Tamale
Jose Cuervo
Don Juan
Juan Valdez
Fernando Valenzuela
Hugo Chavez
Don Pablo
Gustavo Fring (Breaking Bad again)

6/13/2019 7:46 pm

By punisher
6/13/2019 7:55 pm
Hopefully someone will name a player " JEFF from accounting " or something like that.

i would probably crack up laughing if i saw a player named that or close to it.

By Duval
6/13/2019 9:52 pm
So, you can't name a player after training camp before the next sim?.. Seems like a bad business model, as i would spend so much more on renaming if I knew the guy wasn't busting.

edit: I'm not renaming anyone this season as I have no idea who might actually not bust. This is he only league I actually rename players.
Last edited at 6/13/2019 9:53 pm

6/13/2019 9:57 pm
Duval wrote:
So, you can't name a player after training camp before the next sim?.. Seems like a bad business model, as i would spend so much more on renaming if I knew the guy wasn't busting.

No.

I think the intention was to do it after TC, as I said I think the help section says as much but it doesn't work like that. Perhaps JDB found it messed with the code or something, idrk.

By Duval
6/13/2019 9:59 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
Duval wrote:

No.

I think the intention was to do it after TC, as I said I think the help section says as much but it doesn't work like that. Perhaps JDB found it messed with the code or something, idrk.

yeah it's not a big deal, I think people would spend more if they could have the stage after training camp before the first preseason game, I would.

6/13/2019 10:06 pm
Duval wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:
Duval wrote:

No.

yeah it's not a big deal, I think people would spend more if they could have the stage after training camp before the first preseason game, I would.

I don't mind cutting guys I name, as it still helps me remember them as I scroll through free agent lists. I also buy 200 credits at a time so losing 1 here or there is no biggie.

By Duval
6/13/2019 10:09 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
Duval wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:
Duval wrote:

No.

I don't mind cutting guys I name, as it still helps me remember them as I scroll through free agent lists. I also buy 200 credits at a time so losing 1 here or there is no biggie.

You can just flag their name by leaving a note on the player card. But yeah if you invest like that, start your own family lol