League Forums

Main - Off-Topic

Re: Random Superbowl Facts

By Booger926
2/04/2018 3:01 pm
http://thefw.com/21-super-bowl-fun-facts/

FOOD FACTS
1) Super Bowl Sunday is the second biggest day of the year for food consumption in the US. Thanksgiving is first.
2) Americans will spend more than $50 million on food during the four days prior to the Super Bowl.
3) 4,000 tons of popcorn will be consumed.
4) Eight million pounds of guacamole and 14,500 tons of chips will be consumed.
5) 5,000 pounds of hotdogs will be sold during the game.
6) Beer sales will increase by $17.9 million during Super Bowl week.
7) Americans will consume 1.4 BILLION chicken wings

PIZZA FACTS
8) Super Bowl Sunday is the biggest day of the year for pizza sales and even more so if the game is close.
9) Domino’s Pizza expects to sell about 9 million slices of pizza, about 44 percent more than a typical Sunday. Pizza Hut expects a 50% increase.
10) Delivery drivers will log about four million miles and can expect a normal two dollar tip to skyrocket to $20.
11) Pizza delivery drivers report more accidents to insurance companies on Super Bowl Sunday.
12) Pizza Hut is offering free Pizza for a year if the opening KIck-Off is returned for a TD....if you a member of their VIP Club.

Viewer Facts
13) The average number of people at a Super Bowl party is 17.
14) Five percent of viewers will watch the game alone.
15) One out of every 12 people watching the game will be suffering through the boring football part just to see the commercials.
16) Six percent of Americans will call in sick the Monday after the Super Bowl.
17) Antacid sales will increase by 20 percent on the Monday after the Super Bowl.
18) Other than St. Patrick’s Day, more drivers are involved in alcohol-related accidents on Super Bowl Sunday than any other day of the year. Even beating New Year's Eve.

NON-SPORTING GAME FACTS
19) The Super Bowl is the second most watched sporting event in the world. The first is soccer’s Champions League Final.
20) No network footage or air tapes of Super Bowl I exist. It was reportedly taped over with a soap opera.
21) The NFL has a policy against holding Super Bowl games in stadiums that have a climate of less than 50 degrees Fahrenheit, unless the stadium is enclosed.
22) Every year, more than 700,000 footballs are made for official NFL use. 72 of them are set aside for use during the Super Bowl.
23) 35 percent of people who attend the game will write it off as a corporate expense.

Last edited at 2/04/2018 3:14 pm

Re: Superbowl Facts

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
2/04/2018 5:57 pm
I deliver pizza and Super Bowl Sunday is an odd shift. I don't work Sundays but I used to work the pre game rush on SB days. We get several timed orders, people want their food right at 6:30. We are busy as **** up to kickoff, then once the game starts business dies off. Most days the business is more spread out through the night.

Tips aren't really any better on game day, but at my store tips are pretty good anyway. Big $$$ orders do tend to tip higher. My store caters to drunk people as we are open until 3 or 4 am depending what night it is, and after midnight is when I make the best money.

I just grabbed this pic online which is why the main phone number is from Virginia. The guy who started CV had a buddy from there who wanted a franchise, so there you go. Most of our stores are in the Dayton area, and we like to be near colleges because college kids like to drink beer and eat pizza. That's not even all of our locations, we have 16 stores I think.
Last edited at 2/04/2018 6:06 pm

Re: Superbowl Facts

By Booger926
2/04/2018 10:47 pm
So can you deliver to Texas in 30 minutes or less?

Ok, I'll be lenient since it is a big day. Is 45 minutes asking too much?
Last edited at 2/04/2018 10:49 pm