League Forums

Main - Off-Topic

1976 trade Committee Input

By Booger926
11/28/2017 6:48 pm
I have been offered Sabercats 1976 #1 (6th overall), 1976 #2 (37th overall), and #4 (102nd overall). In return I would send my 3 year veteran, 6'5", 319# RT Richard Mosely and my #3 (74th overall)

If I would accept this trade, I will lose a premier OL (I guess), yet would gain 2 additional high round picks. I also would free up $8 mill in cap and save $5 mill from a person asking $13 mill in signing bonus. However, I do not trust my blind-folded, dart-throwing, guessitmating way of drafting.

So I am asking the Commish as well as the trade committee with their assigned alternates on their opinions on this trade. So please take a look at my team and give me an honest opinion.

Re: 1976 trade Committee Input

By Mcarovil
11/28/2017 10:18 pm
I’m not on a committee but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night. Your RT is slowly regressing. He won’t improve much going forward, but is a top tier OL. There are 18 players in the draft class that rate 70or better at the RT spot. I would make the trade and draft need at 6or BPA. Lots of vol at the top though, but you could replace him in the 2nd to 3rd round. Just an opinion. Last one I gave, you drafted SS Bonnett and he busted like a champ!

By Booger926
11/28/2017 10:40 pm
Mcarovil wrote:
Just an opinion. Last one I gave, you drafted SS Bonnett and he busted like a champ!

Yea, thnx for that

By tribewriter
11/29/2017 9:44 am
Booger, sorry I did not see this post, but I received a PM from SunBlaze. Trade committee did approve this deal. Mcarovil is actually on the committee, as an alternate.

San Jose must really believe in Mosley's potential to give up this much. Because his VOL is relatively high (72, I think), I don't know that he will ever become an 89 overall. Having said that, he has progressed nicely so far and might just prove me wrong.

By Booger926
11/29/2017 9:55 am
tribewriter wrote:

San Jose must really believe in Mosley's potential to give up this much. Because his VOL is relatively high (72, I think), I don't know that he will ever become an 89 overall.

Isn't VOL one of the attributes that is not affected by weights

By tribewriter
11/29/2017 9:59 am
Yes, VOL is not figured into current weights. It affects the development over time of the player's skills. Mosley is a 53 by my weights and could develop into an 89. By default weights, he is 55 and could develop into a 92. His VOL is 52, not 72 (my bad for not checking before writing). So, his future development is not as risky a proposition as I thought.

By Booger926
11/29/2017 10:06 am
tribewriter wrote:
Yes, VOL is not figured into current weights. It affects the development over time of the player's skills.

What a relief. Here I was beginning to think I would have to make another weight list that would affect VOL

By SunBlaze22
11/29/2017 4:12 pm
tribewriter wrote:

San Jose must really believe in Mosley's potential to give up this much.

More like just desperate for a better offensive line.