League Forums

Main - Off-Topic

Selfish people

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
2/21/2021 5:01 pm

We've been dealing with snow and ice like most of America, and in Ohio we are used to crappy winters. One of our most popular deals is pizza, breadsticks, and 2 fountain drinks and it killed me trying to navigate everyone's icy steps. Luckily, I did not fall, but it just amazed me how many young, 20 something dudes opened the door after I climbed icy stairs.

DUDE, get the ice off your steps!

Re: Selfish people

By PrivateSnowflake
2/22/2021 1:14 pm
Mom gave me 40 to shovel the snow, but since it was all ice, I was off the hook. I ordered pizza instead. Besides, he gets paid to be out in it.

Is Old Scratch still open?

By tribewriter
2/22/2021 2:30 pm
I heard the exact same complaint recently from someone I know who does Door Dash. These people disinfected their doorknob, but didn't clean off their steps.

By jabillups85
2/22/2021 3:05 pm
PrivateSnowflake wrote:
Mom gave me 40 to shovel the snow, but since it was all ice, I was off the hook. I ordered pizza instead. Besides, he gets paid to be out in it.

Is Old Scratch still open?

Old Scratch is phenomenal!!!

By setherick
2/26/2021 9:13 am
Doesn't Dayton have laws against that? That's a danger to emergency and postal workers.

2/26/2021 10:19 am
setherick wrote:
Doesn't Dayton have laws against that? That's a danger to emergency and postal workers.

I don't think so, but even if they did, people would just ignore it like they do stop signs and red lights.

By Cjfred68
6/01/2021 2:31 am
raidergreg69 wrote:
setherick wrote:

I don't think so, but even if they did, people would just ignore it like they do stop signs and red lights.

Info from an Ohio lawyer

Another risk for delivery drivers involves entering the customer’s premises. For example, a delivery driver walking up onto the porch of a customer’s house may be injured by tripping on toys left carelessly on the steps, a broken step or loose rail, or an uneven surface. Other risks may include inadequate lighting, wet surfaces, improperly cleared ice and snow, and animal attacks. For an employee, any of these types of injuries may be covered by workers’ compensation. 

Drivers working as independent contractors, as those driving for third-party delivery services often do, won’t have access to workers’ compensation benefits (assuming they are properly classified). However, some companies provide limited benefits to contractors who are injured on duty. For example, DoorDash provides some medical coverage, and even disability payments of up to $500/week for injured workers. If you’re working as a contractor for a third party delivery service, it’s in your best interest to make sure you fully understand what is and is not covered and what additional insurance you may need to provide before an accident happens. 

Last edited at 6/01/2021 2:32 am

6/01/2021 6:00 am
My work is covered by workman's comp because our owner once offered someone 5 figures plus medical expenses not to go through workman's comp for on the job injuries.