League Forums

Main - Off-Topic

NFL Playoff Predictions

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
1/04/2020 2:55 pm
I believe the NFL is scripted and the refs, with help from New York, control games through flags. If anyone cares as to why I think this, check this site out https://www.thefixisin.net/.

Based on that, here is what I think will happen.

This is the 100th NFL season and what better Super Bowl than a rematch of the first one? I think this year is all about finding a new poster boy for the NFL. Brady is ancient, and even if he continues to play (Chargers? Raiders? Dolphins?), he isn't The Man anymore. It feels like the era is over, but I think they have 1 more win in them tonight, albeit with some controversy.

I can see the Titans possibly winning outright but I think it's more likely they get screwed despite outplaying New England. I also think the NFL wants another NE vs KC game.

Buffalo and Houston are just playoff filler and the winner of this game will lose next week.

For the AFC Divisional Round, the matchups don't matter as I think we're destined for a KC at Baltimore AFC Championship Game.

One possible scenario I saw on a YouTube video is Tennessee beating New England then beating Baltimore because he believes the NFL wants to keep putting obstacles in front of Lamar Jackson. He said last year the knock was Jackson couldn't pass and he fixed that this year. He said the next is Lamar can't win a playoff game which will be rectified in the future.

That's a very plausible scenario, and if it ends up Tennessee @ Baltimore, I might pick the Flaming Thumbtacks, but alas, I thing the Pats/Refs win tonight.

In my scenario, it's Houston @ Baltimore and New England @ Kansas City. I don't know if Houston can pull it out in Baltimore, but it's possible, especially if Lamar Jackson comes up lame. Kansas City will beat whomever they play, it's over for New England either tonight or next weekend.

In the AFC Championship, Kansas City will prevail over Baltimore with Terrell Suggs likely making some sort of difference. The NFL does love storylines. I think the NFL chooses Mahomes over Lamar Jackson to be The Man because history has shown running QB's don't stay healthy and he seems more marketable.

Re: NFL Playoff Predictions

1/04/2020 3:04 pm
On to the NFC...

Sunday at 1:00 is Kirk Cousins time, as he covers the spread 2/3 of the time in games played Sunday afternoon. Any other time frame he covers 1/3. The NFL seems to hate the Saints, as they screw them at every opportunity. Perhaps the organization wasn't grateful enough for their Katrina Super Bowl gift, or Sean Payton is just a pain in the ***, I don't really know. I liked the Saints to possibly get to the Super Bowl a few weeks ago, but that was when I thought they'd have a BYE. No BYE means bye bye eventually. If I'm wrong about Minnesota winning, New Orleans will just lose in Green Bay next week.

Seattle and Philadelphia are playoff filler just like Buffalo and Houston. I think Philly wins, then goes on to lose in Green Bay while San Francisco easily dispatches Minnesota.

This would give us a final four of KC, Balt, SF and GB. The public/media will be all over a possible Baltimore San Francisco rematch which is why Kansas City and Green Bay will be in the Super Bowl. Aaron Rodgers is from California and the Packers didn't play well out west this year, but that gets rectified. The public will be all over SF since they handily beat Minnesota while Green Bay "got lucky" playing the banged up Eagles.

Last edited at 1/04/2020 3:05 pm

1/04/2020 3:14 pm
On to the Super Bowl. Kansas City and Green Bay again just like Super Bowl I. This is where my crystal ball gets fuzzy. I can see a scenario where Aaron Rodgers wins and "takes over" for Brady as The Man, since he is a veteran of the league and is already a star. This would set Mahomes up as the young, hungry QB waiting in the wings.

I can also see a scenario where Kansas City wins, setting up Mahomes as The Man. Kansas City has the excitement level the NFL wants as they can score in a hurry and in a variety of ways. In an earlier prediction I said KC 27-24 over GB but as I'm typing this, I think I convinced myself Green Bay will win.

It feels too early for Mahomes to win it all, maybe next year. The NFL has long preferred veteran QB's as the face of the league which is why I think Green Bay wins and we're all sick of that mustache and Danica Patrick by Valentines Day.

Green Bay 31 Kansas City 24

1/04/2020 3:20 pm
I also want to say that if I'm dead wrong about my predictions, that doesn't mean the NFL is legitimate sport. It just means I guessed their script wrong. The NFL, and all sports for that matter, is nothing more than an entertainment product. It is reality TV with manufactured storylines to keep the public watching.

By Hellbringer
1/04/2020 7:07 pm
Living an hour from GB, I would love to see the Saints smoke them and shut this Packer cult up! Gimmie Buffalo and SF!