League Forums

Main - League Help

Weight change

By Loftusranger
11/17/2018 4:13 am
If you change a players position there can be a weight/speed change. Does that change only occur in training camp (so move players now) or does it start to change in whatever week you make the switch ?

Re: Weight change

By Pernbronze
11/17/2018 6:41 am
Any week though bigger in training camp.

By Loftusranger
11/17/2018 11:17 am
Thanks for that confirmation. Follow up qu. If you play someone in a different position (say LB at SS or WR at RB) is their play based purely on their attributes irrespective of their roster position, or does anyone know if there is a specific penalty for playing away from the roster position?

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
11/17/2018 3:13 pm
No specific "penalty" I'm aware of but WR's often have very low break tackle and/or ball carrying skills while LB's playing DB might be too big to hang with speed burner WR's.

By setherick
12/15/2018 12:17 pm
What I've typically seen is this:

TC: +/- 10-25#
Per game week: +/- 1-3#

TC gives you a good gauge of the player's frame and potential for gain/loss. If a player drops 7# in TC, he's going to take a long time to get him to drop much weight. If the player drops 20#, then you should hit his ideal weight for position unless you're moving a DT to DB.

raidergreg69 wrote:
No specific "penalty" I'm aware of but WR's often have very low break tackle and/or ball carrying skills while LB's playing DB might be too big to hang with speed burner WR's.

Fun fact: Speed modifies Break Tackle, so you really should think of Break Tackle as shiftiness rather than muscling through someone. A player Strength is used to push the pile. So a 90 SP, 90 ST WR may still make a good RB without the Break Tackle.
Last edited at 12/15/2018 12:20 pm