League Forums

Main - League Help

Coach's Attributes

By Booger926
1/03/2018 7:36 pm
As I am constantly on the lookout for some sort of improvement for my team, - be it players, coaches, or even strategy, - I have an opportunity to get a higher rated coach at an offensive position that, in my opinion, is a weakness on my team.

Although I personally would prefer a team whose offensive philosophy is +/- 3% of a 45% / 55% balance attack instead of my current status, I do not know how to go about accomplishing this successfully coach wise.

So, I am asking those in the know, what is the best attribute by position that I should be pursuing to accomplish my goal.

Re: Coach's Attributes

By tribewriter
1/04/2018 6:09 am
I am not in the know about coach attributes except that they impact player development. But, as far as run/pass distribution, you can write rules that accomplish this no matter who the coach is.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
1/04/2018 6:29 am
The head coach is what determines the plays available in the playbook, but our commish is correct about rules running your offense.

I read somewhere the % distribution of coaches influence but I forget what the numbers are. The HC helps all player attributes while the rest only help with certain attributes.

As far as which attributes you should look for, I would say whichever attribute is most important to you at that coach's position.

For example I would want my QB coach to be good at helping pass accuracy, RB coach avoiding fumbles, WR coach route running, etc.

1/04/2018 6:36 am
I should add that when I consider coaches, I consider their progress first and foremost. It's one thing to get a highly rated coach but they are often older and declining. It's tedious to look at the coach list, then click on each one that interests me to check their progress but I can't help I prefer coaches on the rise.

What I have found is most coaches who improve, do so at a rate of 2 points per season. If you see one improving more than 2 per season, grab him. I'm also not afraid to hire brand new young coaches with zero experience, then fire them if they don't show improvement.

By Mcarovil
1/04/2018 10:13 am
HC is 10%, OC/DC 5% and positional coaches are marginal at best. For player development these are the potential impacts.
raidergreg69 wrote:
The head coach is what determines the plays available in the playbook, but our commish is correct about rules running your offense.

I read somewhere the % distribution of coaches influence but I forget what the numbers are. The HC helps all player attributes while the rest only help with certain attributes.

As far as which attributes you should look for, I would say whichever attribute is most important to you at that coach's position.

For example I would want my QB coach to be good at helping pass accuracy, RB coach avoiding fumbles, WR coach route running, etc.

By Hellbringer
2/14/2018 7:37 am
How do you see their progress?

2/14/2018 7:38 am
Hellbriner wrote:
How do you see their progress?

Click the View tab on their card that pops up when you click their name.