League Forums

Main - League Help

Re: question

By Booger926
12/23/2017 11:09 pm
In my extremely humbling defeat against the Denver Gold, where I was at 75% keying on the pass and had pass defenses in the play book, I would like some questions answered, if possible.

Let's take the first scoring play by Denver for example.
https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/watch/774#140665

In this play, they lined up in the 014 formation (1TE/4WR) against my Dime double WR3 (see a pass play against a pass defense) In this play, Denver's WR1, WR2, and WR3 are assigned to run their pattern and break towards the right. Since at the time Denver's offense was going right to left, that means that the WR would break towards the top. But as one can see by watching the play that is not the case. Denver's WR1 clearly breaks towards the left while my DB cuts to the right (as designed by the computer as it should be) therefore giving the open man a wide open target.

Is this an exploit known only to those in the know or is it a bug that just seemed to randomly happen 6 times in my recent game.
Last edited at 12/23/2017 11:13 pm

By AlexanDragon
12/24/2017 3:20 am
On that play i can see my wr1 sonnenberg doing a quick fake to the ritgh then back to the left but i dont know if its in the gameplan route.

But main thing i dont understand is why your defense seems to be double teaming one of my worthless wr while my only good one( who's not only good, he's a star) is single covered and without any safety too.

By AlexanDragon
12/24/2017 3:24 am
And if i had found a "glitch" i woulsnt have used it in this year as it would be wasted wins lol. Even more, i wouldnt have tested it against a player whos watching all his games and is pretty active :p

By Booger926
12/24/2017 4:56 am
AlexanDragon wrote:
On that play i can see my wr1 sonnenberg doing a quick fake to the ritgh then back to the left but i dont know if its in the gameplan route.

But main thing i dont understand is why your defense seems to be double teaming one of my worthless wr while my only good one( who's not only good, he's a star) is single covered and without any safety too.

I am not taking anything from your team because your team beat me and they beat me good. The only question I have is why my #1 DB (Vargas) is fooled 6x on a play that WRx is computer designed to run to the right yet runs to the left.....leaving a wide open passing lane towards WRx

Sonneberg is beyond a star. He's a super-stud star. I at least hoped my best #1 draft choice DB would slow somehow him down. He didn't

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
12/24/2017 6:33 am
I had to zoom way out to see the entire route, and used slow speed because my eyes ****. What I saw was the WR start to break right, toward the sideline, but the DB cut him off forcing the WR to adjust his route toward the middle. As soon as the WR adjusts his route, the QB sees it and throws the ball, hitting the WR in stride.

No glitch, good initial coverage by the DB but the rookie was slow to adjust to the WR's adjustment imo.

By mwd65
12/24/2017 3:46 pm
That's a great question, Booger. After reviewing that play, I would agree with raidergreg that the receiver adjusted his route...I didn't know that the WR's did that.

Now, if that IS the case and WR adjust their route running, I would like to see a RB adjust his running direction and hit a gaping hole 1-2 yards left or right, instead of running straight into a defender.

By mwd65
12/24/2017 4:30 pm
I just had an epiphany...now I have a headache.

I remember JDB mentioned that some plays in which WR routes take them toward the sideline, they will turn and run back toward the middle of the field. I thought those were only hooks and curls, but that is a possible explanation.

If I find the thread, I will post it here.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
12/24/2017 6:00 pm
The reason I think the WR adjusted his route is the WR and DB appear to be dancing when they touch at the break in the route. They both move back and forth a couple times then the WR goes toward the middle.

IRL this looks to be illegal contact, but typical refs kept their flag in their pocket.

By Mcarovil
12/25/2017 10:10 pm
Did they touch as soul mates or just a passing by as any normal person. That’s the key.
raidergreg69 wrote:
The reason I think the WR adjusted his route is the WR and DB appear to be dancing when they touch at the break in the route. They both move back and forth a couple times then the WR goes toward the middle.

IRL this looks to be illegal contact, but typical refs kept their flag in their pocket.

By Booger926
12/27/2017 3:35 am
raidergreg69 wrote:
I had to zoom way out to see the entire route, and used slow speed because my eyes ****. What I saw was the WR start to break right, toward the sideline, but the DB cut him off forcing the WR to adjust his route toward the middle. As soon as the WR adjusts his route, the QB sees it and throws the ball, hitting the WR in stride.

No glitch, good initial coverage by the DB but the rookie was slow to adjust to the WR's adjustment imo.

Thnx for pointing this out.....But the one thing I found interesting is just before he catches the ball, the ball starts to spin on the Z-Axis