League Forums

Main - League Help

My Arizona team

By Hellbringer
12/13/2017 2:36 pm
I feel my offense is one good WR from being very good on my Arizona team. I'm thinking of trying to trade a draft pick for a guy in the 80's, speed, separation, and route running. What do you guys think?

Re: My Arizona team

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
12/13/2017 3:19 pm
Just glanced at your WR there and I think you need more than 1 fast WR. Currently your fastest one is just 69, so speed will help. I didn't look at your stats there, 2 drafts going on atm, so if you have a good running game and/or defense, 1 fast WR may be enough.

Personally I don't like slow WR for the most part and prefer all of them to be at least 70 speed.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
12/13/2017 3:22 pm
In fact I don't have enough speed at WR here yet, eventually I will. I focused on defense so much in the allocation, leaving OL and WR for the middle rounds.

By mwd65
12/13/2017 8:25 pm
Hellbriner wrote:
I feel my offense is one good WR from being very good on my Arizona team. I'm thinking of trying to trade a draft pick for a guy in the 80's, speed, separation, and route running. What do you guys think?

Hey Hellbriner,

Just checked out your Arizona team and noticed that, yes, your WR's are pretty slow, but also noticed none have great pass catching. This compounds the problem, you can get away with some slow WR's if they catch the ball and move the chains. Like raidergreg said, 1 very fast WR and you should be fine. Two fast WR's is a bonus.

Some suggestions:
1.) First, if you can get a fast WR at a good price, I would do it.

2.) if not, I would try and put one of your RB's in on some pass formations, at the WR position. They have better pass catching and are a bit faster.

3.) If you are using any short hooks or curls, I would take those plays out. It is hard enough with speedy WR's to get positive yards on these plays. Your WR's aren't quick enough to turn and get any YAC. I would use more ins, outs, and go routes in which the receivers are already moving upfield.

Hope this helps.

By tribewriter
12/13/2017 9:02 pm
I agree with what has already been stated here. Your receiver corps is feeling the need ... the need for speed.

By Booger926
12/14/2017 1:30 am
Two Problems
1) There's only 1 WR on the Trading Block, so most owners are not willing to give them up
2) Now that everyone knows that you are looking, the price went up.

But here's a possible solution. Under the Coaches/Players Tab, go to Player Search. Look for Free Agents in the Team Pull down Menu. Look for Max Speed in the Attribute pull down menu. Edit the page to look under Receivers.

There you have 7 players with 80+ speed, one at 90. Downsides are experience, volatility, and ratings. They are basically scrubs. The best is, IMO, this guy;
https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/player/2218

His speed is 84, pass catch is average (55) but is a bust (+4/-8) from default rating of 54, but he is young (3yrs experience)

Or one of these guys
https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/player/1723
https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/player/2195

They'll give you a start.