League Forums

Main - League Help

Defensive Plays

By pdoug20
11/22/2017 7:16 pm
So I've been playing for almost 2 years now, but have only had the tendency to make changes to my offensive plays. This question might seem silly to those that have a deeper grasp on the defensive side, but when you're looking at defensive plays, are you looking to keep those plays with a higher average per call or lower?? In some of my leagues (I'm in 4, counting this one), I feel like this is the difference between just making the playoffs and making a deep run. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Re: Defensive Plays

By mwd65
11/22/2017 9:42 pm
For defensive plays, you want to select the ones with a lower per play call.

I know your frustration with the defense. It took me some time to get things in order on the defensive side of the ball. Something that helped me was breaking the defense down into the different personnel. For example, you have goal line, normal defense, nickel, dime, and quarter. I find it easier to pick up the better plays by looking at the personnel, rather than looking at "all plays" at once. By doing this, it makes it easier to have enough good plays for each defense.
Last edited at 11/22/2017 10:12 pm

By Mcarovil
11/22/2017 11:08 pm
Exxxactly. Helps to prevent the overuse knowing you have enough plays for each personnel grouping.

mwd65 wrote:
For defensive plays, you want to select the ones with a lower per play call.

I know your frustration with the defense. It took me some time to get things in order on the defensive side of the ball. Something that helped me was breaking the defense down into the different personnel. For example, you have goal line, normal defense, nickel, dime, and quarter. I find it easier to pick up the better plays by looking at the personnel, rather than looking at "all plays" at once. By doing this, it makes it easier to have enough good plays for each defense.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
11/23/2017 4:57 am
I would also suggest using certain plays on certain downs. Looking at the play card, it breaks down the yds per play by down, so a defense that works on first down may **** on third down, etc.