League Forums

Main - League Help

Passing Play Data CSV

By ArmoredGiraffe
3/03/2024 6:20 pm
Hey everyone. In case you don't know or remember I talked about having some passing play data that I would eventually make possible for everyone to see. Not to bullshit anyone, I have not worked a single second on a personal website to upload it to so here is a google drive link to the current data: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13c_t8h7p6ijsUTLXgr1WDM-KHG0K7xqG/view?usp=sharing. If I remember correctly the play data is explicitly from XFL, USFL, and Paydirt generally from their first seasons in 4.6 and ending before the last couple of seasons as I haven't scraped any leagues recently

Re: Passing Play Data CSV

By Beercloud
3/04/2024 1:17 pm
That looks like a hellva lot of work ArmoredGiraffe. Or fun depending how you look at it.
Either way much appreciated.

By Dogboyuk75
3/04/2024 2:42 pm
hey AG i echo what beer said appreciate you taking the time to pull these together,will take alot of processing but hopefully can use some of your hard work to improve my playcalling

By ArmoredGiraffe
3/04/2024 3:44 pm
No problem y'all :)

It was fun and it's all pretty automated now. Longest part is scraping

By Beercloud
3/04/2024 6:59 pm
I have a question.

After opening up a play in-game, how do you tell which receiver is the 1st target, 2nd, 3rd etc...?

@Dogboyuk75,
You'd think this will simplify play calling for us. But for me so far I'm noticing that it has just added another couple of fun layers to this chess board we call football.
Last edited at 3/04/2024 7:03 pm

By ArmoredGiraffe
3/04/2024 8:00 pm
Beercloud wrote:
I have a question.

After opening up a play in-game, how do you tell which receiver is the 1st target, 2nd, 3rd etc...?

@Dogboyuk75,
You'd think this will simplify play calling for us. But for me so far I'm noticing that it has just added another couple of fun layers to this chess board we call football.

It's all mostly the same as it's listed on the play card. So when the 1stTarget column has wr2t in the CSV it would be WR (2) in the play card for the play. But the play card doesn't tell you who the 1st target is, just the positions and routes they're running