League Forums

Main - League Help

Interceptions

By Hellbringer
10/23/2020 6:19 am
I'm really getting frustrated with the interceptions in all my leagues. I'm totally clueless how to stop them.

Re: Interceptions

By tribewriter
10/23/2020 9:36 am
I can't scout your team to tell you, but there is a reason why many coaches are not throwing more than 5 percent long passes, and this is part of it.

By Hellbringer
10/23/2020 11:10 am
They're coming on short and medium passes

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
10/23/2020 11:31 am
I've had this problem in a couple leagues, got frustrated, and signed a lesser, FA QB. The lesser QB gets put in the lineup and doesn't turn the ball over, despite running the same plays. Did it in World League and Monsters of the Midway.

Looking at the player cards, it shouldn't happen this way but it does. I can't explain it.

By tribewriter
10/23/2020 12:51 pm
You probably have already thought about these things, but:

* Audit your playbook. See which plays are resulting in interceptions and see which defenses your opponents are in.
* Self-scout. See if you have become predictable out of a certain personnel set, or in a certain field position. You don't want to be easy to scout.
* If it is Scales you are referring to, his passing accuracy is only 73. Considering that, his career numbers up to this season have actually been pretty good.
* Play familiarity helps, but there are also defenses against which you will never build up play familiarity. I think that is a glitch in the game that has been called out in the forums several times, but to no avail.