League Forums

Main - League Help

Kicker Injuries?

By BlindEarth80
9/22/2020 2:57 pm
Do kickers ever get injured? I haven't found anything about it in searches of the forums, and looking at the histories of a few players in the league, didn't notice any.

I have 2 really good kickers and could hold onto both in case one gets hurt this year, or to eventually trade with a team that may have an injury. If not, that roster spot seems like a waste, especially when I'll need to hold onto replacements for all these aging players.

Re: Kicker Injuries?

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
9/22/2020 3:37 pm
I think I may have had one kicker injury a long time ago, but generally no. I have kept 2 kickers before but it's rare, like when I have an aging kicker about to retire but he's still good. I'll try and get his replacement early, and may have to keep both. I don't like doing it though because it does waste a roster spot.

By tribewriter
9/22/2020 7:00 pm
Like raidergreg, I can only remember one kicker injury in all the time I have played MFN.

You may be able to swing a trade with a team needing a kicker.

Grossi has a 20 percent retirement chance, so he may only be around another season or two.

By BlindEarth80
9/22/2020 10:26 pm
Thanks for the replies! I'll be able to begin trading right before week 1 of the regular season when the 30-day probation is up, so that looks like the best option. I just wish the contracts of my kickers were the opposite, since Jetton is the one to keep for 4+ years and I'd have to eat $4.5MM of dead cap next season if Grossi is traded.