Main - League Help

Coaches

By Hellbringer
8/20/2017 8:01 am
How would you fire a coach? I'd like to promote my OC for his playbook styles

Re: Coaches

By Otterpop
8/20/2017 11:02 am
I am pretty sure you have to wait until next season to do this. You can replace your positions coaches by signing free agent coaches but that is all I think you can do.

By Pernbronze
8/20/2017 12:14 pm
You give the OC a new contract and offer the contract as head coach. Doing this will release your head coach and you'll have to hire a new free agent or promote a position coach and replace him with a free agent. You can possibly sign your HC back as OC or position coach the next sim but he will be a free agent and it will be a free for all on him so you may not get him back.

By Hellbringer
8/20/2017 12:34 pm
I don't see a contract option on my OC

By Booger926
8/20/2017 1:56 pm
Hellbriner wrote:
I don't see a contract option on my OC

You can resign Coaches at end of Season....First day of Free Agent

By Booger926
8/20/2017 1:58 pm
Pernbronze wrote:
You give the OC a new contract and offer the contract as head coach. Doing this will release your head coach and you'll have to hire a new free agent or promote a position coach and replace him with a free agent. You can possibly sign your HC back as OC or position coach the next sim but he will be a free agent and it will be a free for all on him so you may not get him back.

Trust me, I look at Coaches everyday and if I see one better than what I currently have, I'm going to make an offer

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
8/20/2017 8:16 pm
Other than the playbook, a coach's most important task is boosting his player's ratings. When I look for new coaches I also search by a key attribute, like a QB coach, I want one with a high pass accuracy rating. Defensive line coach for me needs a high pass rush rating.

Some people swear by having all coaches with the same style, some don't. I prefer them all the same but they don't have to be, as long as they are close in style. I run west coast offense so I also don't mind passing oriented coaches, or even balanced/possession coaches, basically anything but run oriented. Defensively, for me they need to all be the same with respect to 3-4 or 4-3 depending on what I run especially DL and LB coach.

Kicking coaches individual styles are meaningless unless you might promote them to an offensive/defensive coaching job.

By pdoug20
8/21/2017 11:11 pm
Hellbriner wrote:
How would you fire a coach? I'd like to promote my OC for his playbook styles

At this point in the season you might as well ride it out. There isn't much in the coaching pool right now. Maybe once the season ends you'll have a better chance to promote and find their replacement.

By Hellbringer
11/03/2018 7:29 pm
If I sign a new coach, and my current coach is under contract yet, will I get hit with paying both salaries?

By mwd65
11/03/2018 10:04 pm
No, when a coach is fired, he doesn't get to keep his money.