League Forums

Main - League Help

Draft in another league

By Hellbringer
8/16/2017 4:55 pm
My very first team I signed up for was a team in mid season with an 0-6 record. A team that finished 1-15 and very low on talent. I have the number 1 pick, and I;m thinking either going QB or DE. Is there a way to link the draft class and my team so I can get some suggestions?

Re: Draft in another league

By SunBlaze22
8/16/2017 5:09 pm
I'd be willing to help you out with your team if you want, I don't know if I can I help you with the link stuff though.

By Hellbringer
8/16/2017 5:10 pm
You're in that league lol, MFN-8
Last edited at 8/16/2017 5:11 pm

By tribewriter
8/16/2017 5:21 pm
Here you go:
https://mfn8.myfootballnow.com/draft-class/results/Jyi9rDjNk2PnEIfJxsRGHTEtoSku42Mc

By Hellbringer
8/16/2017 5:23 pm
Thanks. I thinking about going after Vanderhoof the QB, or one of the top DE's

By tribewriter
8/16/2017 5:33 pm
The traditional wisdom in the forums has been that a QB does not have enough impact in MFN currently to warrant a No. 1 overall pick. Having said that, the three QBs at the top of your draft have volatility ratings of 50, 52, and 58. That means the odds of them going "bust," or never reaching their potential, are at least half. That is way too much risk for that high of a pick.

I could say the same for the DEs at the top of your draft. The volatility ratings are 94, 42, and 58. They could be great. But you don't want to take the risk of blowing the best pick you will ever have.

My top three picks are CB Melvin Thompson, MLB Jeff Masterson, and RB Roland Lindsey. Thompson is only a 16 VOL, which means he is likely to become a superstar at perhaps the most vital position in the current iteration of the game. Masterson (20 VOL) will be a stud wherever you put him, and you can literally put him anywhere ... he projects well at all three LB positions as well as both DE. Lindsey is only a 4 VOL, but I don't know how valuable a RB is in your system.

Just my 2 cents. I am sure others have theirs.

By Booger926
8/16/2017 5:55 pm
My opinion, worth absolutely nothing, is that you already have a young QB in Stilts while your DE's average experience is 8.8 years. If you plan on going for future, need to start getting some youth in that DL

But its your team. Do what you want
Last edited at 8/16/2017 5:56 pm

By Hellbringer
8/16/2017 7:57 pm
I love the opinions, keep them rolling!

By SunBlaze22
8/16/2017 8:44 pm
Personally, I don't see a QB worth taking at #1, and you seem to already have solid guys with Warrick and McMillian. They are a little older though, so there could be a possible draft choice maybe in the drafts after this one.

As for your DL, the only really problem you might have there is your LDE being pretty old. So that could be a choice, but you could also use more depth at defensive tackle as well.

If it were me, I think I would take MLB Jeff Masterson. He has great potential, he's already a bit developed, low volatility, and not to mention your current starting MLB has a 20% retirement probability. It would also be a great upgrade for your defense as a whole, to have a big smart guy in the middle of the defense.

Although Masterson would be a good choice, there are also other good potential picks as well. I'd recommend LDE Robert Stiffler or CB Melvin Thompson as other options to help with defense. If you'd rather go offensive, RB Roland Lindsey would be a good choice, but you seem to already have some good RB's.

Idk just a few suggestions. You can do what you want obviously, but I just thought I'd help out. Best of luck with your draft.
(also I think I played in mfn-8 for like one season, but I didn't really pay attention to it that much at the time lol)
Last edited at 8/16/2017 8:46 pm