League Forums

Main - League Help

Re: I need answers

By Booger926
8/10/2017 10:12 am
Trying to not sound like a sore loser, in my game against the Oklahoma Outlaws, who beat me in OK by 27-18, there were some pretty questionable computer calls that I believe needs to be addressed. He beat me and congrats to him.

Play#1
https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/gamecenter/view/131#23799
Slow it down and one can see the receiver clearly never had possession, yet alone catch it to fumble when he fumbled and recovered. So it is clearly a bug that needs to be address

Play#2
This is the one that needs to be answered the most
https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/gamecenter/view/131#23845
Why on 3rd and 18 (very long) on my 22 does my team line up in a goal line formation and RUNS the ball when it is obvious that in no way should it have happened.

Play#3
https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/gamecenter/view/131#23865
Kicks OUT of endzone (-10) and returns it for 110 yards. If it said -9, I would say ok bad luck/good return

And finally, Play#4
https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/gamecenter/view/131#23877
3rd and 2 at OK’s 2 and RB is tackled for a 2 yard loss. How come its not a safety? I understand its a game of "INCHES", but more thanhalf of the runner is on the definite wrong side of the goal line

I would like some answers, suggestions, and assistance to these, please, if anyone can

besides

Last edited at 8/10/2017 10:15 am

By tribewriter
8/10/2017 2:00 pm
I cannot understand No. 2.

For Nos. 1, 3, 4, we need to remember what takes place in the 2-D version is only a graphic representation of the text play results. What we see is not precisely what is happening in real time. It is just a way for the game to show us a 2-yard loss. Since this is not a video game, I doubt the programmer(s) currently have the resources to construct something as precise as a video game. There's no way for the 2D to accurately represent a 1 1/2-yard loss. I just don't think we can expect that much.

I can't hazard a guess at No. 2, but I have been utilizing rules for my game plans for some time now. It was a lot of work to compile them, but I sure am glad I have them now and can move them over as I take on new teams. At least I can predict which plays are going to be used.

By Booger926
8/10/2017 2:21 pm
tribewriter wrote:
I cannot understand No. 2.

For Nos. 1, 3, 4, we need to remember what takes place in the 2-D version is only a graphic representation of the text play results. What we see is not precisely what is happening in real time. It is just a way for the game to show us a 2-yard loss. Since this is not a video game, I doubt the programmer(s) currently have the resources to construct something as precise as a video game. There's no way for the 2D to accurately represent a 1 1/2-yard loss. I just don't think we can expect that much.

I can't hazard a guess at No. 2, but I have been utilizing rules for my game plans for some time now. It was a lot of work to compile them, but I sure am glad I have them now and can move them over as I take on new teams. At least I can predict which plays are going to be used.

Am not upset about 1,3,&4. I can understand graphics and accept them as "bugs" that need to be addressed. But since #2 has no plausible explanation and is definitely a ***, I decided to question everything that made me question the play calls for the rest of the game.
I have no clue as to why it happened and after looking over my settings as to find out why it happened, in case it was my fault in something I overlooked, and finding Nada.... Needless to say I'm left scratching my head.
To have it done 4 out of 5 times, and to correct itself in my 25-50/50-75, is beyond belief.
If it had happened while in my 25-50 and 50 to opp 25, as well as Opp 25-Goal I can understand it because I do have that play and formation for use in that area. I can accept it if was "Just the AI doing what it was told," when clearly it is not the case.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
8/10/2017 3:28 pm
tribewriter wrote:

Two things, one is I agree with tribewriter 100%. I am in the middle of revamping my rules for all of my teams, making them more specific than before. Just a few games into it and I see a big uptick in my defensive production. One can't have enough rules...also they use rules from top to bottom so if your rules have overlapping qualifiers, it will only use the first one it sees.

Second, while the player's body appears out of the end zone, field position is where the ball is. Think about real life NFL. How many times have you seen a player get tackled in the end zone, most of his body is in the end zone but the nose of the ball is just over the stripe? Not a safety.

That 110 yd KO return, maybe it's a fast guy in a Tony Siragusa body? His fat **** would easily knock out someone in the front row if he stood at the edge of the end line lmao.

By Booger926
8/10/2017 3:40 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
tribewriter wrote:

Two things, one is I agree with tribewriter 100%. I am in the middle of revamping my rules for all of my teams, making them more specific than before. Just a few games into it and I see a big uptick in my defensive production. One can't have enough rules...also they use rules from top to bottom so if your rules have overlapping qualifiers, it will only use the first one it sees.

Second, while the player's body appears out of the end zone, field position is where the ball is. Think about real life NFL. How many times have you seen a player get tackled in the end zone, most of his body is in the end zone but the nose of the ball is just over the stripe? Not a safety.

That 110 yd KO return, maybe it's a fast guy in a Tony Siragusa body? His fat **** would easily knock out someone in the front row if he stood at the edge of the end line lmao.

This DOES NOT answer, or even give a plausible answer, excuse, or explanation for #2. What good are rules IF the AI isn't even paying attention to my game plan.

If my teamed is predetermined to lose, just let me know before hand. I'll do my best jobber impersonation and attempt to get one over.

By tribewriter
8/10/2017 3:47 pm
The rules just give the AI fewer opportunities to use something other than what you want. I had to write 60 of them before I finally achieved some predictability.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
8/10/2017 4:00 pm
I used to have the same frustrations as you about AI play calling, and still do from time to time. I have screamed at my computer, why the F are you running the ball? We are running out of time?

What I have found is if you don't have everything covered in your own rules, and I do mean EVERYTHING, the AI will take any opportunity to do whatever he feels like. I still get pissed at how they use or don't use timeouts, and often the AI has the clock management skills of Marvin Lewis or Andy Reid, which is bad if you don't know.

I don't have all the answers for the stoopid AI except keep throwing rules at it until it does what you want.

By Booger926
8/10/2017 4:14 pm
tribewriter wrote:
The rules just give the AI fewer opportunities to use something other than what you want.

You need to lock this thread to prevent future comments which could and will upset me more.
It does not matter what rule I have in place when the AI does not, does not, does not pay attention to what I designated to execute at the time and position. How can I trust a rule if my suggestions and plans aren't even heeded.

As I said before, if my team is designated to lose, then let me know beforehand.

In my opinion, I should not have lost, statistically speaking, the two games against OK. But I did and its not a really a big deal. On any given Sunday. But because of the HOW I lost, I'm taking it personally. There is no freakin way, with what I designated in the situation, that it should have happened.

I would have rather been spammed with one play the entire game than for what happened in the last game.
Last edited at 8/10/2017 4:17 pm

By Booger926
8/10/2017 4:29 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:

I don't have all the answers for the stoopid AI except keep throwing rules at it until it does what you want.

Well, I wanted to throw it on 3rd and long, but the AI thought it would be better if I lined up in a goal line offensive formation and attempt to run the ball for a 22 yard first down attempt, which, as I may remind all, was not designated by me.

But I got screwed and tattooed while attempting to make a new league fashionable.

By tribewriter
8/10/2017 4:53 pm
Your frustration with us comes from us being on different pages, literally and figuratively.

You are not using "rules." When you go to change your gameplan, you are going to the pages where "offensive gameplan" and "defensive gameplan" are at the top. When you go to the page where "gameplan rules" is at the top, THEN you can create guidelines that override what the AI wants to do.

The first sentence on that page reads:
"Here you can set specific rules that will override the settings in the general gameplan screens, as well as any other gametime coaching decisions."

That is the way to avoid being at the mercy of the AI. Override it.