League Forums

Main - League Help

Strange run

By Hellbringer
7/17/2019 8:39 pm
https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/watch/3468#637237

RB runs toward defense instead of wr blocking. Why?

Re: Strange run

By ToroTex
7/17/2019 9:15 pm
Punt Returners also...like clockwork...

By tribewriter
7/18/2019 5:43 am
I do not know all of this, but I don't think MFN is like a video game. The result of the play is determined by a series of calculations and number generation, not the actions of the players on the screen. The 2D display is just a graphic representation of those results.

So the outcome of the play, let's say, a 2-yard run, has been determined. The way that play is portrayed on the 2D doesn't determine its outcome. The RB could run backwards for 20 and forward for 22 on your screen and the end result is the same as if he had run straight up the gut for 2 yards.
Last edited at 7/18/2019 5:43 am

By Pernbronze
7/18/2019 10:36 am
tribewriter wrote:
I do not know all of this, but I don't think MFN is like a video game. The result of the play is determined by a series of calculations and number generation, not the actions of the players on the screen. The 2D display is just a graphic representation of those results.

So the outcome of the play, let's say, a 2-yard run, has been determined. The way that play is portrayed on the 2D doesn't determine its outcome. The RB could run backwards for 20 and forward for 22 on your screen and the end result is the same as if he had run straight up the gut for 2 yards.

I thought jdb said it was rolls based with hundreds of rolls for each situation each play?

By tribewriter
7/18/2019 10:45 am
Pernbronze wrote:
tribewriter wrote:

I thought jdb said it was rolls based with hundreds of rolls for each situation each play?

By "a series of calculations and number generations," I mean the same thing as "rolls." I imagine JDB has code that performs this function instead of making his kids sit around rolling dice all day.

My point was that (I think) the video just reflects the final outcome of all those "rolls." The video doesn't determine the outcome ... I think.

By Hellbringer
7/18/2019 10:04 pm
Ok, so the video isn't a exact representation. That explains a bunch of the glitches

By Mcarovil
8/14/2019 7:04 pm
That is correct. The sim is the sim and the video we all watch is a close but not exact replica so don’t use it for first down conversions or other measurements.

Hellbringer wrote:
Ok, so the video isn't a exact representation. That explains a bunch of the glitches