League Forums

Main - Team News

Panthers front office is feeling good!

By Hellbringer
2/08/2018 9:30 pm
After a few rocky seasons of learning salary cap basics the hard way, Panthers GM Tanguay feels good about the recent additions with the draft. Pastor with team up with Bowie, forming a dynamic LB corps. Quick footed WR Miller will slice through zone coverage, and make fake out the best CB's in the league. Converted RT Long to RG will help the anemic run game get moving. And a trade with the Wheels for speedy TE Trotter will give the offense another receiving weapon.

Winter skies in Michigan are looking blue again!

Re: Panthers front office is feeling good!

By Booger926
2/08/2018 9:32 pm
Hellbriner wrote:
After a few rocky seasons of learning salary cap basics the hard way, Panthers GM Tanguay feels good about the recent additions with the draft. Pastor with team up with Bowie, forming a dynamic LB corps. Quick footed WR Miller will slice through zone coverage, and make fake out the best CB's in the league. Converted RT Long to RG will help the anemic run game get moving. And a trade with the Wheels for speedy TE Trotter will give the offense another receiving weapon.

Have I helped in creating a Monster?
Last edited at 2/08/2018 9:34 pm

By tribewriter
2/09/2018 6:31 am
Hellbriner wrote:

And, you get to keep them for 10-plus seasons if you wish. The Panthers are only going to get better. This is why we discourage struggling franchises from trading away high draft picks. I've seen so many coaches go after the quick fix. And, when it doesn't work out, they get discouraged because, without those draft picks, the long term now doesn't hold much promise either.
Last edited at 2/09/2018 6:32 am

By Hellbringer
3/03/2018 6:40 am
After last weeks offense fell flat, we put in the young guys Miller and Trotter. And did they put a spark in the offense in a great upset win over Baltimore on the road. They both had 5 catches, 94 and 93 yards respectively, with Miller getting the score. 2 big upsets this season, lets keep it rolling!

By Hellbringer
4/18/2018 3:40 pm
Morning of the '78 draft, I noticed my crosstown rival drafted for an aging stud RB. A bold and abnormal move by Coach Eyeball. That trade kept my wondering, how is he going to use him? How am I going to stop him!? Oh ****, I have to focus on the draft, way to get me frazzled Coach.

My primary pick, SS Flynn, gets picked first. Now I'm scrambling. Why couldn't Balzer have had a few more reps on the bench, that would of made my choice easier. QB Ruiz is there, and that loud-mouth down in Houston needs a QB. London has two years left on his contract, getting long in the tooth. Ok, let's pick Ruiz, a solid pick to keep stability at that important position.

Now to try to get someone to help slow down that Detroit team. Heck, even their waterboy runs a 4.6/40. CB Jacobson offers decent speed for a #2 CB. Smart kid who has the potential to hold his M2M and get that first bump. Not afraid to tackle either. That might be good with that new RB across town.

(Nothing personal Booger, I just used you to spice up the read)

By Booger926
4/18/2018 4:40 pm
Hellbringer wrote:

(Nothing personal Booger, I just used you to spice up the read)

No worries, I just found Riuz's Media photo in retaliation

By Hellbringer
7/15/2018 5:10 pm
Starting off the 79 season, Michigan went all in with Jerry Ruiz as the main signal caller, trading the veteran London for some quality future picks.

Ruiz looked impressive in his first start, completing 62% with 478 yards, 6 TD's, one INT and fumble.

Coach Hellbringer loves his quick release, which hopefully keeps the Bolts Zarate from getting into the backfield.

By Hellbringer
3/16/2019 8:59 pm
With the new rule changes after a disastrous 4.4, Coach Hellbringer and the Panthers make their first playoff appearance, and first division title.

"Guys played a great season. But we can't rest yet, ever really. Look at our division record of 3-3. Those teams will be fighting back next season. We earned this one, and look forward to taking it all home! God bless these Panthers!"