League Forums

Main - Team News

More Generals Name Changes

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
9/29/2020 7:06 pm
I'm still changing rookie names but haven't been posting them in any leagues for awhile. Time to change that. I'll skip the pictures and links for time purposes.

Pick 1.25 MLB Jeffrey Dahmer. Dahmer was one of the evilest serial killers ever, and he was finally captured in 1991. All I want him to do for me is kill opposing offenses.

Pick 2.25 RB Kurt Cobain. Nirvana released their mega hit LP Nevermind in 1991, and the world was introduced to grunge rock. Cobain will start out as RB2, with last year's rookie RB Eric Davis moving to his natural position of WR.

Pick 3.25 TE Redd Foxx. I loved watching Sanford and Son as a kid and I particularly liked Redd Foxx. Unfortunately he died of a heart attack in 1991 on the set of a TV show, and ironically, his cast mates and the crew all thought he was faking it, a la his fake heart attacks on S&S. "Elizabeth, I'm coming to join you."

Pick 4.25 K Al Borland. Home Improvement debuted in 1991 and Al was Tim Allen's assistant/sidekick. I hate taking kickers this early, but I had no more picks and my current kicker is likely to retire after this season. At the very least, we won't be renewing Grant's contract so we needed a replacement. If Borland busts, we'll try again in 1992.

Re: More Generals Name Changes

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
9/30/2020 1:55 am
One more for good measure...

UFA I signed undrafted QB Willie Webb and changed his position to RB. Hopefully he can fill a role as a complimentary RB like Ayala has last few seasons. I also changed his name to Ren Hoek of Ren and Stimpy, which debuted on Nickelodeon in 1991.