The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Weekend or One-Day Draft?

By Hellbringer
1/25/2019 6:14 am
A faster round that can be done in the evening. Monday 6 eastern is round 1. Tuesday 6 eastern round 2&3, 3 minutes per pick. Wednesday finish it up

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
1/25/2019 9:20 am
Hellbringer wrote:
A faster round that can be done in the evening. Monday 6 eastern is round 1. Tuesday 6 eastern round 2&3, 3 minutes per pick. Wednesday finish it up

NO! Not everyone works 9-5. My work shifts start at 5:30 or 6:00 pm.

By tribewriter
1/25/2019 3:20 pm
Of the 15 owners who have weighed in on this issue, 10 are against it. So, I won't bring this to a formal vote.

I don't know how Bryson was able to get 32 guys in NCAA to agree to this idea. He must be pulling owners from a different demographic. Or, he didn't seek consensus.

By Hellbringer
1/25/2019 5:42 pm
Thanks for bringing new idea's to this league though. I for one appreciate that you are looking for ways to improve the league, and then get real input from us.

By CrazyRazor
1/27/2019 10:37 pm
tribewriter wrote:
Of the 15 owners who have weighed in on this issue, 10 are against it. So, I won't bring this to a formal vote.

I don't know how Bryson was able to get 32 guys in NCAA to agree to this idea. He must be pulling owners from a different demographic. Or, he didn't seek consensus.

Everyone was willing to try it. It had a lot to do with the radio show that Bryno provides and how they covered part of the draft during the show.

By RoyceR
1/28/2019 6:15 pm
This is a super idea to bring the league together. I would also be against it though. Because I work 6 days a week and church Sunday morning with the family. For me the slower the better.

But still a great idea.

By Bryson10
1/29/2019 6:39 pm
tribewriter wrote:

It's not for everyone but it was by far the best draft experience i've ever had in mfn. We had a lot of owners call in to the radio show live during their picks, we covered the first two rounds at a pace that made the experience far more enjoyable while analyzing each pick . Not all owners are going to be around but we had almost all the owners in our league around that day and it was a blast. The NCAA league doesn't have trading so the draft is the central component to our league and it was my mission to make it the best experience i could. While i see how many owners can't dedicate themselves to a two day draft and that's totally fine. It's a completely different experience. I've been watching the nfl draft for years and the two day marathon was always my favorite. Oh and we brought it to a vote as you would have if it got more support :)

By tribewriter
1/29/2019 7:23 pm
Thanks for the input. That is a super interesting concept, and I am glad you had a good experience. Maybe we will revisit this someday.