The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

1982 Free Agency, Wow

By tribewriter
1/15/2019 9:04 am
The first two pages of free agents look like a Who's Who of the USFL/WFL. More former All-Pros than you can shake a stick at. They are all older, of course. But, if someone really wanted to load up and go for the gold for one season, they could certainly do so.

Also wanted to say congratulations to all of you for being well under the cap and preventing some of the wreckage we've seen in other leagues. A real tip of the hat to Houston and Orlando for dealing well with difficult cap issues.

Re: 1982 Free Agency, Wow

By Pernbronze
1/16/2019 2:39 am
That was intense.

By Wolveraider
1/16/2019 10:00 am
Wow....well...****....that was a total fail. lol

And me sitting on a big pile of cash and needing an influx of veteran talent. I missed on every "impact" free agent I had targeted. I was hoping to make a real push this next season.

Hopefully I hit big in the draft. I'm going to need it.
Last edited at 1/16/2019 10:02 am

By eyeballll
1/16/2019 11:12 pm
My feelings are mixed... I was unable to resign CB Peralta, who I tried in vain to sign at the end of last year, and he leaves a HUGE hole in my defense... BUT I signed a bunch of good players so maybe I'll be okay...

By Pernbronze
1/17/2019 3:33 am
Went into the offseason with just 31 players but managed to have a solid free agency. Hill has left the team but ended up with just a slightly worse qb. Most of the rest of the team is on par with last season after moving some peices around. I have undoubtedly the deepest and best DB group in the league though. I'm thinking I've got enough for one more playoff push before my team of dinosaurs retires. I expect to lose half my team next season so it's probably my last shot before rebuilding.

By Smirt211
1/17/2019 8:14 am
Most of us have to be in that same position after seeing the FA class and all the vets that filled it. I've got 4 key slots aging. (2 playmakers and current CB #1 and MLB #1) It's definitely going to be difficult!

By ToroTex
1/17/2019 2:29 pm
Looks like 1982 is the year for rebuilds for a lot of us.

Question now is...what is 4.5 going to bring to the table, ugh!

By setherick
1/17/2019 7:39 pm
ToroTex wrote:
Question now is...what is 4.5 going to bring to the table, ugh!

Medium and Long Passes.

tribewriter wrote:
The first two pages of free agents look like a Who's Who of the USFL/WFL. More former All-Pros than you can shake a stick at. They are all older, of course. But, if someone really wanted to load up and go for the gold for one season, they could certainly do so.

Why you gotta blow my strategy dude?
Last edited at 1/17/2019 7:40 pm