League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

USFL/WFL Hall of Fame

By tribewriter
10/05/2018 3:53 pm
Eligibility
* A player is eligible for nomination upon retirement.
* A player must have completed five full seasons to be eligible. The first ballot will be the exception.
Process
* Any USFL/WFL coach, past or present, can nominate a player for Hall of Fame induction.
* A three-member screening committee will add any needed additions to the nominations and finalize the ballot for that season.
* Only players on the ballot are eligible. There are no write-in votes.
* Any player who receives 75 percent of the votes cast will be inducted into the Hall of Fame. If no player receives 75 percent, the top vote-getter will be inducted.
* Any player who receives 25 percent of the votes cast will automatically be placed on the following year’s ballot.

Re: USFL/WFL Hall of Fame

By tribewriter
2/04/2019 11:18 am
The Hall of Fame page on the blog can be found here:

https://mfnusflwfl.blogspot.com/p/usflwfl-hall-of-fame.html

By Cdog13157
2/04/2019 4:32 pm
I’m impress you put this amount of time into this

By tribewriter
2/04/2019 4:50 pm
Cdog13157 wrote:
I’m impress you put this amount of time into this

Thanks for noticing. Don't tell my wife.

By Chandyo
2/05/2019 10:10 am
Sorry still new to the league. How many make it in each season? Is it just one?

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
2/05/2019 11:58 am
Chandyo wrote:
Sorry still new to the league. How many make it in each season? Is it just one?

However many players get 75% of the vote, no set number. We had 2 make it in our first vote last season.

By RoyceR
2/05/2019 1:39 pm
Or top vote getter

12/28/2019 5:37 pm
tribewriter wrote:
Eligibility
* A player is eligible for nomination upon retirement.
* A player must have completed five full seasons to be eligible. The first ballot will be the exception.
Process
* Any USFL/WFL coach, past or present, can nominate a player for Hall of Fame induction.
* A three-member screening committee will add any needed additions to the nominations and finalize the ballot for that season.
* Only players on the ballot are eligible. There are no write-in votes.
* Any player who receives 75 percent of the votes cast will be inducted into the Hall of Fame. If no player receives 75 percent, the top vote-getter will be inducted.
* Any player who receives 25 percent of the votes cast will automatically be placed on the following year’s ballot.

Due to the increasing number of eligible players, we will now have a preliminary vote and a final vote. The preliminary vote will whittle the list down to the top 10 vote getters. The preliminary vote will not elect anyone but it will eliminate those that fail to get 25% of the vote.

12/29/2019 4:53 am
Make that the top 10-15. I don't want to pick an arbitrary number and feel forced to stick with it, possibly screwing someone that deserves to be included. If our current ballot were preliminary, the top 8 all have 13 or more votes, while another 4 players have 12. If I stick with 10 players, I have to somehow eliminate 2 of the 4 with 12 votes each.

By Cjfred68
5/07/2020 10:09 pm
Are Head Coaches eligible for the hall of fame?

My head coach Dana Hicks just retired with an overall record of 129-34 record and 4 Championships in 9 seasons as head coach of Houston.