The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Vote: Hall of Fame Process

Eligibility * A player is eligible for nomination upon retirement. * A player must have completed five full seasons to be eligible. The first ballot will be the exception. Process * Any USFL/WFL coach, past or present, can nominate a player for Hall of Fame induction. * A three-member screening committee will add any needed additions to the nominations and finalize the ballot for that season. * Only players on the ballot are eligible. There are no write-in votes. * A player who receives 75 percent of the votes cast will be inducted into the Hall of Fame. If no player receives 75 percent, the top vote-getter will be inducted. * A player who receives 25 percent of the votes cast will automatically be placed on the following year’s ballot.

For the Proposal
Against the Proposal

Re: Vote: Hall of Fame Process

By Pernbronze
9/27/2018 6:10 pm
For clarified that means only 1 player per season?

By tribewriter
9/27/2018 6:21 pm
No. "A player" means "any player." I will edit that when posting the final language.

By Hellbringer
9/27/2018 7:19 pm
I don't agree with a part of this, should I vote against it then?

By SunBlaze22
9/27/2018 7:23 pm
Personally I'm not that sure about the 25% vote getting to be on the ballot automatically next year part. Either it needs to be raised a bit higher or just get rid of that whole aspect altogether. I mean, the player can always be nominated again next year. I don't know, it's just kind of weird to me. Just my two cents though.

By pdoug20
9/27/2018 9:30 pm
SunBlaze22 wrote:
Personally I'm not that sure about the 25% vote getting to be on the ballot automatically next year part. Either it needs to be raised a bit higher or just get rid of that whole aspect altogether. I mean, the player can always be nominated again next year. I don't know, it's just kind of weird to me. Just my two cents though.

I'm with SunBlaze- I like the proposal but the minimum % needs to be raised to at least 45-50%, maybe even higher, if it ends up staying in. Otherwise, ditch that aspect altogether and nominate them again the next season.

By Booger926
9/27/2018 9:43 pm
I have adverting expressed my opinion on this subject, but ****.......what do I know?

By Hellbringer
9/28/2018 4:11 am
I disagree with the part if they don't make 75%, the highest guy is in. My opinion is they should have to meet the 75%, otherwise nobody is in.