The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

How Houston's Owner made his Money to buy a team

By Booger926
7/22/2018 12:46 pm
Once upon a time, I wanted a horse so that traveling would be easier for me. I went to a farmer and offered to buy his only horse. The farmer agreed, and I paid him $100 in advance and said that I would pick up the horse the next day.

The next day when I returned, the farmer told me that the horse had died, and that he had already spent the $100 that I had given him. I thought for a second, and then asked if I could take the dead horse to which the farmer happily agreed.

After a few days, I returned to the village. The farmer came up to me and asked what I had done with the dead horse? I said, “I sold the horse for $5,000!” The farmer was amazed. He asked, “How is this possible?”

I explained, “I went to a nearby race track. There, I set up a small stand and offered the dead horse through a lottery system guaranteeing that the horse would win at 1,000 to 1 odds and the winner of the sweepstakes got to keep the winnings TAX FREE. I sold the tickets for only $5 apiece. One thousand and two people participated, and in the end, I gave the horse to the winner.”

“Didn’t anyone complain?” the farmer asked.

“Yes, the winner complained about this.”

“So what did you do?”

“I gave him double his money back!”