The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Completed Trade: Birmingham Stallions and Tampa Bay Bandits

By tribewriter
7/17/2018 8:22 pm
Birmingham Stallions sends:
David Albrecht (TE)

Tampa Bay Bandits sends:
James Montgomery (TE)
1980 Round 3 (Tampa Bay)
1981 Round 4 (Tampa Bay)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Birmingham Stallions and Tampa Bay Bandits

By Pernbronze
7/18/2018 11:54 am
Huh? This trade makes no sense to me. Review please. A 3rd and 4th for a worse te just a few seasons younger?

By tribewriter
7/18/2018 1:40 pm
Pernbronze wrote:
Huh? This trade makes no sense to me. Review please. A 3rd and 4th for a worse te just a few seasons younger?

Per Pernbronze's request, trade is under review.

By Wolveraider
7/18/2018 5:37 pm
I suppose it depends on how you weight them.....I have Albrecht rated 71/71 and Montgomery 65/65.

Throw in the fact that Montgomery started to trend downwards this season, has a 20% chance of retiring and is on a one year contract, I would figure the Bandits were not going to resign him anyway....I would guess Albrecht is still 3 or 4 years away from thinking about retiring and to top it off he comes with a cheaper price tag.

If you take it from a trade value stand point (yes I realize that value doesn't always seem accurate) I was on the high end at 315 total value of trade and the Bandits were at 192.

By tribewriter
7/18/2018 6:33 pm
Trade has been approved.

By Mcarovil
7/18/2018 9:18 pm
Exactly. I hope...repeat hope we continue to advance to the playoffs and that 3and next yr 4are at the end of the round. It’s really an underwhelming trade for both.

Wolveraider wrote:
I suppose it depends on how you weight them.....I have Albrecht rated 71/71 and Montgomery 65/65.

Throw in the fact that Montgomery started to trend downwards this season, has a 20% chance of retiring and is on a one year contract, I would figure the Bandits were not going to resign him anyway....I would guess Albrecht is still 3 or 4 years away from thinking about retiring and to top it off he comes with a cheaper price tag.

If you take it from a trade value stand point (yes I realize that value doesn't always seem accurate) I was on the high end at 315 total value of trade and the Bandits were at 192.