The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: A Franchise in Trouble: Suggestions Welcome

By tribewriter
6/17/2018 12:47 pm
I just took over the Washington Federals. They are in a real pickle.

$89,000 under the current salary cap.
22 players whose contracts are expiring.

I have looked at renegotiating current contracts, etc. Frankly, I am out of solutions. I know that watching 22 players walk away will put this team behind the eight-ball for many seasons. So, I am asking for help if anyone has any ideas of how to deal with this situation.

https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/team/26
Last edited at 6/17/2018 12:49 pm

By Big Poppa
6/17/2018 1:05 pm
tribewriter wrote:

I have looked at renegotiating current contracts, etc. Frankly, I am out of solutions. I know that watching 22 players walk away will put this team behind the eight-ball for many seasons. So, I am asking for help if anyone has any ideas of how to deal with this situation.

if it was me, I'd sign all the ones I wanted to keep.

Your total cap is 145 million...
You're about to be free of 20 million in dead cap...
Your dead cap is 2 million for next season...
Your total cap used for next year is 89 million.
So, it looks to me like when the season rolls over you should have somewhere around 50 million to work with...

145 million minus 89 million = 56 million
2 million dead cap next season = 54 million for contracts

edit to add... if that 20 million in dead cap is included in the present 89 million cap... that will add to you available cap next year.
Last edited at 6/17/2018 1:09 pm

By tribewriter
6/17/2018 2:38 pm
Big Poppa wrote:
tribewriter wrote:

if it was me, I'd sign all the ones I wanted to keep.

Your total cap is 145 million...
You're about to be free of 20 million in dead cap...
Your dead cap is 2 million for next season...
Your total cap used for next year is 89 million.
So, it looks to me like when the season rolls over you should have somewhere around 50 million to work with...

145 million minus 89 million = 56 million
2 million dead cap next season = 54 million for contracts

edit to add... if that 20 million in dead cap is included in the present 89 million cap... that will add to you available cap next year.

The key phrase is "when the season rolls over." I am hoping for a solution other than letting 22 players walk and rolling the dice on being able to re-sign them.

By Big Poppa
6/17/2018 2:51 pm
Yeah I understand that part... thats why I said "if it was me"
I would take the hit on the cap overage for this season. It should resolve itself after the rollover.
You have until final cutdown day to resolve all your cap issues

By punisher
6/17/2018 4:35 pm
tribewriter wrote:

The key phrase is "when the season rolls over." I am hoping for a solution other than letting 22 players walk and rolling the dice on being able to re-sign them.

well if you do have 22 players who will walk just tell the rest of the league NOT to sign them until you get a chance to see if you can resign them to your team.

By Pernbronze
6/18/2018 10:19 am
You can attempt to sign on last day, end of season sim. You can go over the current season cap then if I'm not mistaken.

By AlexanDragon
6/18/2018 5:22 pm
*fyi dead cap next year is included in the total cap used next year* . saves the 2million dead cap next year you have calculated big poppa

By tribewriter
6/22/2018 5:50 am
Well, I offered contracts to 17 guys, and they were all rejected.

By tribewriter
6/22/2018 8:45 am
punisher wrote:
well if you do have 22 players who will walk just tell the rest of the league NOT to sign them until you get a chance to see if you can resign them to your team.

I considered that. But I didn't know if those guys would re-sign until this morning. Our league is very active. So, by the time I confirmed it, those players could have a half-dozen offers already on the table. And I can't void contract offers, just trades.

I have sent a PM to the current/former coach asking if he wants to keep the team.

By punisher
6/24/2018 3:39 pm
tribewriter wrote:
punisher wrote:

I considered that. But I didn't know if those guys would re-sign until this morning. Our league is very active. So, by the time I confirmed it, those players could have a half-dozen offers already on the table. And I can't void contract offers, just trades.

I have sent a PM to the current/former coach asking if he wants to keep the team.

did you one better i posted that teams link though did tell the person they need the league admin approval to get it

here = https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/community/1/4649?page=1#28774