The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Rookie of the Year, Coach of the Year Nominations

By tribewriter
4/04/2018 9:16 am
Please write in your Offensive and Defensive Rookie of the Year and Coach of the Year choices at the end of your All-Pro ballot. If you believe any deserving nominees were left off the list below, feel free to reply to this post.

Defensive Rookie of the Year
Jim Zarate, DT, CLE: 58 tackles, 21 sacks, 55 hurries
Joseph Abernathy, CB, CHA: 77 tackles, 9 INT, 40.0 catch allowed
Jessie Castillo, CB, HOU: 41 tackles, 3 INT, 29.5 catch allowed
Eugene Holland, CB, HOU: 73 tackles, 6 INT, 41.6 catch allowed
William Lewis, LDE, TB: 47 tackles, 17 sacks, 77 hurries
Allen Pastor, WLB, MIC: 87 tackles, 6 sacks, 27 hurries
Thomas Vasquez, FS, CHA: 87 tackles, 4 INT, 37.1 catch allowed
Richard Brazier, CB, WAS: 86 tackles, 4 INT, 50.0 catch allowed
John Hunter, DT, PIT: 44 tackles, 15 sacks, 59 hurries
Timothy Despres, RDE, DEN: 57 tackles, 11 sacks, 41 hurries
Edward Blanco, SS, STO: 71 tackles, 2 INT, 43.1 catch allowed

Offensive Rookie of the Year
Zachary Powell, TE, DET: 84 REC, 1,339 YDS, 8 TD
Gerald Miller, WR, MIC: 75 REC, 1,281 YDS, 9 TD
Joseph Dailey, WR, DEN: 65 REC, 1,103 YDS, 6 TD
David Fowler, RT, JAX: 1,126 plays, 3 sacks allowed, 50 penalty yards
Andre Ochs, OT, CHI: 1,079 plays, 3 sacks allowed, 20 penalty yards
Dean Park, C, FLA: 1,198 plays, 5 sacks allowed, 67 penalty yards
Chad Swanson, WR, FLA: 58 REC, 954 YDS, 5 TD
Gregory Drayton, TE, SCS: 62 REC, 716 YDS, 3 TD
Steven Tucci, WR, JAX: 47 REC, 789 YDS, 1 TD

Coach of the Year
eyeballll, DET: First 16-0 season in league history
belltman, OKL: Took over team after Week 6 and went 8-2 the rest of the way; first Southwest Division championship and playoff appearance for Outlaws
Kababmaster, BIRM: Made playoffs with 10-5-1 record in first full season
Smirt211, ARZ: 12-4 record, first division championship and playoff appearance for Wranglers
Mcarovil, TB: 15-1 record included nine-game win streak to close the season
raidergreg69, NJG: Went on 8-game win streak to qualify for playoffs after 2-5 start
mwd65, LAX: 12-4 record, second consecutive Pacific Division championship
Otterpop, PIT: Won fourth consecutive Atlantic Division title
Loftusranger, SHR: Won first South Division championship (11-5) with team that was 7-9 last season
UKRAIN, CHA: Improved W-L record for third consecutive year

Re: Rookie of the Year, Coach of the Year Nominations

By Hellbringer
4/04/2018 2:18 pm
I was trying to work trades to move up and grab Powell. Great pick by Eyeball.

By Booger926
4/04/2018 5:57 pm
Does the league favor INT's over Sacks over Tackles or vice-versa?
Does the league favor TD's over Production or vice versa? (Sorry, as much as I appreciate the Hawgs in the Trenches....They are the ones who make the Superstars...and STATS make Billionaires)

To me OROY and DROY are no brainers, but it really was hard to decide COY. Truly all are impressive candidates worthy of a vote.

Oh, by the way, voted

By Pernbronze
4/05/2018 1:51 pm
Abernathy should have been on the Ballot for DB, I Othered him in. His 9 picks with far lower catch% than the other pick artist and solid tackle numbers made him number 2 to me.

By tribewriter
4/05/2018 2:45 pm
I could change the scope of the ballot before next season. My problem with doing so is that I believe some of our coaches will not read that much text or give that much thought to their selections if the lists become too long. That is one reason I only go four or five deep on each of the major statistical categories to come up with the candidates.

The Michigan Panthers guys are perfect examples. Oxford was No. 9 among DBs in tackles, but was nowhere near the leader board in interceptions (2) and catch percentage allowed (50.5). Chen had a great catch percentage allowed (37.8) but his four interceptions only tied him for 31st place and his 32 tackles were low on the list. Overall, they are both pretty good. But I would need to come up with some formula, then download and sort the data, to include all of the potentially deserving "overall" candidates. I don't see any other MFN leagues where this level of activity is taking place.

If we limit the field, we have a greater chance of coaches participating and putting thought into their votes. That is how I see it. But maybe my perspective is skewed.

By AlexanDragon
4/05/2018 3:01 pm
tribewriter wrote:
I could change the scope of the ballot before next season. My problem with doing so is that I believe some of our coaches will not read that much text or give that much thought to their selections if the lists become too long. That is one reason I only go four or five deep on each of the major statistical categories to come up with the candidates.

The Michigan Panthers guys are perfect examples. Oxford was No. 9 among DBs in tackles, but was nowhere near the leader board in interceptions (2) and catch percentage allowed (50.5). Chen had a great catch percentage allowed (37.8) but his four interceptions only tied him for 31st place and his 32 tackles were low on the list. Overall, they are both pretty good. But I would need to come up with some formula, then download and sort the data, to include all of the potentially deserving "overall" candidates. I don't see any other MFN leagues where this level of activity is taking place.

If we limit the field, we have a greater chance of coaches participating and putting thought into their votes. That is how I see it. But maybe my perspective is skewed.

Maybe a "QbR" for Db's.. The DbR!

But yea that'd take a while for you to calculate every db lol

By Booger926
4/05/2018 5:32 pm
tribewriter wrote:

Just keep what you are doing and doing it the best you can
Last edited at 4/05/2018 5:32 pm

By Pernbronze
4/06/2018 5:57 am
tribewriter wrote:

I wasn't complaining about the methodology, just thought he was better than the other DBs on the list and slipped by.