The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Completed Trade: Portland Storm and Tampa Bay Bandits

By tribewriter
2/17/2018 9:27 pm
Portland Storm sends:
1978 Round 3

Tampa Bay Bandits sends:
William Williams (LDE)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Portland Storm and Tampa Bay Bandits

By tribewriter
2/18/2018 6:58 am
Pern, I have to ask why you would trade for a 64 RDE/LDE (my weights), then switch him to FS, where his rating is 28?

By Pernbronze
2/18/2018 12:51 pm
Because his skills at the position are better than suggested, his overall is just nerfed due to weight. I rate him as a 60 right now as a safety with my ratings even with the nerfs. He'll also gain about 10 speed and acceleration as he loses weight taking him from slow lineman to good speed safety. And finally hes cost effective with a currently low talent I can sign him cheap for long term, and due to position he stands a good chance to play out his entire contract despite 9 years with D-line regularly not retiring till year 14-15. And at the price of a 3rd rounder after the draft I just had, I'm more than comfortable with it. Basically this is like trading for a 78ish 4th year safety after all variables are considered (and owner patience regarding weight).
Last edited at 2/18/2018 12:55 pm

By Booger926
2/18/2018 1:14 pm
Pernbronze wrote:
Because his skills at the position are better than suggested, his overall is just nerfed due to weight. I rate him as a 60 right now as a safety with my ratings even with the nerfs. He'll also gain about 10 speed and acceleration as he loses weight taking him from slow lineman to good speed safety. And finally hes cost effective with a currently low talent I can sign him cheap for long term, and due to position he stands a good chance to play out his entire contract despite 9 years with D-line regularly not retiring till year 14-15. And at the price of a 3rd rounder after the draft I just had, I'm more than comfortable with it. Basically this is like trading for a 78ish 4th year safety after all variables are considered (and owner patience regarding weight).

And that's why Portland has a .713 winning record.....seeking the diamonds from the coal.

Oh well, when Life throws lemons at you.........

By tribewriter
2/18/2018 1:33 pm
Interesting. I did not know the defaults we're so far off on position changes and I didn't know player weight could be adjusted so quickly.

By Mcarovil
2/18/2018 3:39 pm
Hopefully he loses the weight before he retires but honestly a late 3rd round pick lately is a high vol guy that you’re just hoping booms to average. Plus I like Pern.

By Booger926
2/18/2018 4:04 pm
Mcarovil wrote:
.....Plus I like Pern.

You also like pre-shaken sodas, soggy grocery bags, bad haircuts, turnstiles that don't turn, overcrowded trains, and spilling coffee on yourself.

By AlexanDragon
2/18/2018 4:33 pm
Pern. Im a big fan of position changes. But i think you should go watch our last forum called " max weight change" where a cap has been put (player frames) . i have my marvin waldron from dt to cb but only lost 45 pounds and cant lose anymore. So your guy migth finally only be able to be a Lb.
Just wanted to toss in this possibility.

By Pernbronze
2/18/2018 9:53 pm
Thanks I haven't been following the forums so I'm grateful for the added knowledge.

By Pernbronze
2/19/2018 5:00 am
I'm still looking for more players to upgrade my defense. Willing to trade my whole draft to do it too.