The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

New Blog Post, Feb. 12: From the Commissioner's Desk

By tribewriter
2/12/2018 9:19 am
A whole bunch of news and notes from the beloved USFL/WFL Commissioner:
https://mfnusflwfl.blogspot.com

Re: New Blog Post, Feb. 12: From the Commissioner's Desk

By Booger926
2/12/2018 7:02 pm
Great write up, Commish. But allow me, if you will, to explain the anomalies, in which you mentioned, in the scheduling

Scheduling is based off the NFL's schedule making format. First, teams play one home game and one away game against teams within their division. This is six games.

Then, within a team's Conference, they will play a Rotating schedule where they will play one division once every three (3) years. For example, in the first year, a North Division team will play a member of a South Division team in Conference play, then the following year an East Team, and the next a West Team. For Conference play, a team plays every team in their Conference once every three (3) years. This is 4 games

Then, a team plays a rotating divisionial opponent in their inter-conferencial battles every season where that team will play every team within that division. For example, An AFC North will play a NFC North in their first year, a NFC South in their second season, a NFC East in their third, and finally a NFC West in their 4th. This is 4 games

6+4+4=14

But wait.....we play 16 games. Where are the extra 2 games coming from?

I am glad you asked. It is now that teams play a Divisional Positional Round, #4 in X Division will play #4 in Division Y and #4 in Division Z as well as already playing the whole Division A

So, if I have attempted to explain my self clearly, the Anomalies are not just random picks, but a scheduled and well planned attempt at fairness and equality. The only scheduled Anomaly that has happened within the league is the very first season.

But thnx for posting this. And also, I want to thank you for pointing out that Michigan and Houston now have a fierce rivalary developing....even though we both a cellar-dwellars, who will blink first.

By AlexanDragon
2/12/2018 7:50 pm
I was hoping for a better free agency too. Not like last years one before i came here but atleast some depth help lol

By Hellbringer
2/12/2018 9:10 pm
Booger926 wrote:

But thnx for posting this. And also, I want to thank you for pointing out that Michigan and Houston now have a fierce rivalry developing....even though we both a cellar-dwellars, who will blink first.

I was surprised to see this too!

By Booger926
2/12/2018 9:45 pm
Hellbriner wrote:
Booger926 wrote:

But thnx for posting this. And also, I want to thank you for pointing out that Michigan and Houston now have a fierce rivalry developing....even though we both a cellar-dwellars, who will blink first.

I was surprised to see this too!

Stare down contest begins....................

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited at 2/12/2018 9:45 pm