The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Completed Trade: Houston Gamblers and Pittsburgh Maulers

By tribewriter
2/08/2018 7:32 pm
Houston Gamblers sends:
Robert Richards (WR)
1977 Round 5 Selection 7
1978 Round 5
1979 Round 5

Pittsburgh Maulers sends:
1978 Round 1 (Pittsburgh)
1979 Round 1 (Pittsburgh)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Houston Gamblers and Pittsburgh Maulers

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
2/08/2018 9:38 pm
Please review this trade. Two first round picks seem excessive for a WR with average speed.

By awest827
2/08/2018 9:45 pm
I agree it's too much but he is a converted RB so he will loose weight and get slightly faster. Doesn't change much but I just wanted to point it out.

By Hellbringer
2/08/2018 9:47 pm
The very cap friendly contract should be considered. That is worth something in itself

By Booger926
2/08/2018 9:58 pm
Otterpop proposed the deal with me giving up a future 4th and 5th. I said I would like to keep my 4th in which he said sure, just counter with a 5th. I added an extra 5th to be more fair towards him.

I appreciate league members asking for a review and I will accept the mitty's decision
Last edited at 2/08/2018 10:00 pm

By Otterpop
2/08/2018 10:06 pm
Besides his speed what else on his player card that you see is below norm?

I want to point out I am the one that approached Houston with this deal. For the past 3 seasons, my 1st round draft picks have been on the lower side of the round. So my 1st round picks do not hold that much value. So I had to offer both of my 1st round picks. I know the risk that was involved when I offer the deal and prepared to be without 1st round picks. My team is pretty young and I think my team will continue to be strong the next 2 seasons without a 1st round pick.

If it gets reviewed I am cool with it. I just wanted it to known I knew what I was doing I made this deal.

By Booger926
2/08/2018 10:14 pm
Hellbriner wrote:
The very cap friendly contract should be considered. That is worth something in itself

Now you see the benefits of renegotiation

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
2/08/2018 10:17 pm
Otterpop wrote:
Besides his speed what else on his player card that you see is below norm?

I want to point out I am the one that approached Houston with this deal. For the past 3 seasons, my 1st round draft picks have been on the lower side of the round. So my 1st round picks do not hold that much value. So I had to offer both of my 1st round picks. I know the risk that was involved when I offer the deal and prepared to be without 1st round picks. My team is pretty young and I think my team will continue to be strong the next 2 seasons without a 1st round pick.

If it gets reviewed I am cool with it. I just wanted it to known I knew what I was doing I made this deal.

I stated my reason in my original post, no further explanation should be necessary on my part. Thanks to you and Booger for explaining your process.

By tribewriter
2/08/2018 10:48 pm
Trade is being reviewed.

By tribewriter
2/09/2018 6:27 am
Trade has been approved.