The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

1976 Conference Championship

By Booger926
1/30/2018 3:12 am
Congratulations to our 76 Conference Championships, Detroit Wheels and New Orleans Voodoo. Both will proudly represent their respected Conference in the World Bowl. Early odds makers in Las Vegas favor Detroit, who hopes their first playoff run never ends, by 2 points. Detroit is 16-2 heading into big game while New Orleans is 15-3. The Voodoo is the Home Team and have the choice of their jerseys.

A big shout-out also to the Tampa Bay Bandits (16-2) and Los Angeles Express (13-6), who are disappointed that both their teams first ever playoff run had to end.

Re: 1976 Conference Championship

By Mcarovil
1/30/2018 7:34 am
Congrats Vodoo. We had no answer for that defense. You completely shut us down. Win it all for the conference!

By mwd65
1/30/2018 10:34 am
Congrats eyeballll!

Every time I thought we had a shot to come back, you squashed us, either by sack, stopping the run, or INT. You had all the bases covered!

Note to self for next year: take the 212 HB Toss Strong out of the playbook and burn it!
5 tries for -27 yards!!!

Good luck in the League Championship.

By eyeballll
1/31/2018 5:50 pm
mwd65 wrote:
Congrats eyeballll!

Every time I thought we had a shot to come back, you squashed us, either by sack, stopping the run, or INT. You had all the bases covered!

Note to self for next year: take the 212 HB Toss Strong out of the playbook and burn it!
5 tries for -27 yards!!!

Good luck in the League Championship.

Good game and thanks for the words, MWD, you are a class act! Yeah, I knew I had to come down hard on the 212 HB Toss Strong... just kidding! Yeah, it was one of those games that everything came together for the team, which was nice for a change in a game against you... I think I can the 'Nemesis' tag from our conversations, it's been a while since I pulled a W against you, especially in the playoffs! Good luck next season!

And on to GreyGhost and the suprisingly tough Voodoo. Your defense has been playing lights out, I'm expecting a tough chess match in our game... I'm excited, as I haven't won a championship in any of the user-created leagues, and this is one of the toughest, well-supported leagues on the site. I wish you luck, but not too much... if you would be kind enough to wish me luck in return, I would appreciate it, Mr Ghost...