The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Poaching Coaches

By Booger926
1/25/2018 5:50 am
One of my biggest Peeves with this site is the Poaching of Coaches.

For those who do not know what I mean, it is that during the FA period, be it early or late, that teams will offer a promotion to a coach on your team - which they will accept - without any notification to you as an owner, even when you offer extensions which are accepted before the time-frame deadline. So basically, you log-on and see that you lost your coaching staff simply because another team offered them a promotion.

The NFL at least requires teams to ask permission to speak or interview coaches from another team. I cannot see why this site should not be any different. During FA Periods, you can get information that X-Player is being offered Y-Amount for Z-Years from A, B, or even C team, which gives you as a coach an opportunity to match or better the offer. But you cannot get no such information on your coaches when another team is interested. Simply because it is a "BLIND OFFER"

And, in my opinion, this is just freakin' WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

As I mentioned earlier, the NFL at least requires teams to ask permission to speak or interview coaches from another team, and I see no reason why this site should be any different. A simple notification that X-team is interested in Y-Coach would satisfy me.

It has been brought to my attention that if someone was interested in one of my coaches, then I would have the opportunity to increase his contract and begin a bidding war. But if I can do this for FA's, then why not for coaches? And owners who pay no attention to cap costs who wish to spend like a drunken sailor should not be interested if they cannot afford it....but I suspect "Budget" is a foreign word with today's "Spend-Now/Pay-Later" Mentality

Once again, a SIMPLE notification that X-Team is interested in one of my coaches would suffice for me. Upon notification, I could be instructed to "NOT INCREASE" current contract offers to said coach during the interview process.

I have never held anyone back, in real-life or simulated, from improving themselves.

A simple notification of interest is all I am asking for.

Re: Poaching Coaches

By Mcarovil
1/25/2018 4:41 pm
You’ve been served.

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
1/25/2018 5:18 pm
I don't know which coaches I'm targeting yet, but I will be making some coaching changes.

1/25/2018 5:25 pm
Just looked at OC real quick Booger, I think you better give your QB coach a big raise. He is the 2nd highest rated poachable OC for West Coast Offense, though he isn't improving as much as I'd like.

If 1977 were now, Milton Brock would be my 2nd choice for my new OC.

By Booger926
1/25/2018 5:48 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
Just looked at OC real quick Booger, I think you better give your QB coach a big raise. He is the 2nd highest rated poachable OC for West Coast Offense, though he isn't improving as much as I'd like.

Thnx for the Notice so I can begin looking for his replacement. Since you gave me notice, I will not offer him the remaining $100,000 cash flow I have. And since he is currently making 6.3 million this year, he'll be the highest paid coach on your team. I wish you and him the best of luck.

1/25/2018 5:52 pm
Booger926 wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:

Thnx for the Notice so I can begin looking for his replacement. Since you gave me notice, I will not offer him the remaining $100,000 cash flow I have. And since he is currently making 6.3 million this year, he'll be the highest paid coach on your team. I wish you and him the best of luck.

He is my 2nd choice so idk if I'll even hire him but coaching salary isn't an issue for the Generals, I have $32 million for coaches.

By Booger926
1/25/2018 5:58 pm
Mcarovil wrote:
You’ve been served.

Your Positional Baker is going to retire so you have to get one from Unemployed
And I see no one currently on my staff you would be interested in except Pritchett, but he would be a step down from your current Coords

By Booger926
1/25/2018 6:04 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
He is my 2nd choice so idk if I'll even hire him but coaching salary isn't an issue for the Generals, I have $32 million for coaches.

Yes, I spent the max early. I used a designed spread sheet I made that tells me exactly how much I can spend on Head, Coords, and Positionals.

1/25/2018 6:42 pm
Booger926 wrote:
Mcarovil wrote:
You’ve been served.

Your Positional Baker is going to retire so you have to get one from Unemployed
And I see no one currently on my staff you would be interested in except Pritchett, but he would be a step down from your current Coords

Who is retiring? I don't have a Baker on my team or coaching staff.

Nevermind, I can't read.
Last edited at 1/25/2018 6:42 pm

1/25/2018 6:47 pm
I don't usually pay coaches much attention as long as they all are improving and on the same page ( i prefer all offensive coaches to have the same system, like West Coast Offense). Often, I will take a young up and coming coach who shows great improvement over an aging coach with a high rating who is trending down.

That's the main reason I will be getting a new OC, that and I believe my offense is what's holding my team back.