The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Completed Trade: Michigan Panthers and Cleveland Thunderbolts

By Hellbringer
12/25/2017 8:42 am
My theory is that, most drafts I've been in, there is a ton of volatility in the high picks. So why not trade for a proven player, which I value personally for a LT. Plus he is very cap friendly for 5 years.

By tribewriter
12/25/2017 10:08 am
Just to be sure I wasn't the only one concerned about this transaction, I ran it past the two other members of the trade committee, plus one of the alternates. Two of the three voted to void the trade. So, trade is voided.

There were a lot of components to this decision. Anyone that wants a rundown of those can PM me and I will elaborate. In summary, our primary concern was for the long-term health of the Michigan franchise.
Last edited at 12/25/2017 10:08 am

By Booger926
12/25/2017 11:55 am

By Booger926
12/25/2017 12:01 pm
But seriously, PM with details

By Pernbronze
12/25/2017 9:52 pm
Indeed there was no way this should have been voided. This was a pretty young player that would fully play out its cheap 5 year contract and for a first that probably wouldn't nab a player that good and dropping back just a round. Its making me angry this was voided and I'm not even involved in the trade.
Last edited at 12/25/2017 9:53 pm

By Mcarovil
12/25/2017 10:05 pm
He’s not elite as for his run blocking is average at best but depending where the Michigan picks,are, I don’t see it as lopsided. Plus a 2nd round pick was given up (New Orleans). If that’s a top 15pick then even better. 1st rd picks aren’t that great unless they are top 5.

By Booger926
12/25/2017 11:30 pm
Actually, I think it would be a good idea if the committee expressed their reasons for voiding the trade in the forums and not behind closed doors so we all have an better idea of why and how to make a better trade.

By Booger926
12/25/2017 11:34 pm
Mcarovil wrote:
He’s not elite as for his run blocking is average at best but depending where the Michigan picks,are, I don’t see it as lopsided. Plus a 2nd round pick was given up (New Orleans). If that’s a top 15pick then even better. 1st rd picks aren’t that great unless they are top 5.

As a member of the trade committee, is it safe to say you were not the alternate consulted?

By tribewriter
12/26/2017 6:04 am
No one is hiding. Just PM me and I will send you the breakdown.

When we started this league, we gave every member the opportunity to be part of a rotating trade committee. When some complained about that, we switched to a permanent three-member committee. If the league members wish to be part of the trade review process, we can revisit the idea of a rotating committee.