The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

#1 pick

By Booger926
11/25/2017 10:07 pm
What would you be willing to give up

Re: #1 pick

By Pernbronze
11/25/2017 10:43 pm
This draft class especially thats subjective. Are you a gambler who banks on high vol players or do you want sure things. Are willing to wait for growth or no. Then you factor in positions of needs... everyone is going to have a different value on every pick of this draft because its also one of the deeper drafts. This is kind of a classic case of why draft picks could never have an appropriate value.

By Booger926
11/26/2017 12:24 am
Not that I am suggesting anything, but I was just curious towards the league's opinion that if they had the chance to acquire the pick, what would they be willing to give up. This is merely a participation thread in which league members can have fun

As for me, having the 9th overall pick, I would offer to trade picks plus, since the draft is around Thanksgiving, Turkey leftovers. However, adding stuffing and cranberry sauce would consider harder negotiations.

By Booger926
11/26/2017 12:47 am
BREAKING NEWS

The New York Stars have declined to trade the #1 overall pick in the 1976 draft to the Houston Gamblers, who offered a 6" turkey breast sub with lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, and Swiss cheese with a Cranberry Mustard dressing

Said the current owner of the Stars, "The offer was really tempting. Negotiations between us was really hard and fierce. He was offering White bread while I wanted Wheat. I'm not too fond of any type of mustard and countered with an offer of Mayo instead. However, the deal breaker was Houston's inability to switch cheeses from Swiss Cheese to Cheddar. There were just too many holes that needed to be filled.

By Pernbronze
11/26/2017 11:16 am
This is a really deep draft due to vol. theres only 90 and lower "sure" things (my ratings) which to me greatly lowers the value of the number 1 pick this draft, and raises the value of lower and later picks. There is no 95+ with less than 20 vol. And you aren't picking low vol low 70s at the end of the 1st round (which is where I consider the 1st pick fully worth its 3000 value). Its entirely not just possible but likely that 3 or 4 players in the bottom 16 of round one end up better than the player taken at number 1.