The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Free Agency

By Mcarovil
11/24/2017 9:35 pm
This is it. Pern is exactly right. Pure and simple. Can't build a team thru FA. Need to draft players and sprinkle in FAs as needed. There are plenty of quality players in FA to be had. Making a big splash with high priced FAs tie up a ton of cap. Unless you are 1-3 guys away from a championship, it's not worth the cap room.
Pernbronze wrote:
Building a championship team is a marathon not (usually) a sprint. Make sure yous set yourself up well for the future.

By Pernbronze
11/24/2017 9:39 pm
Oh and also relevant though Booger is likely to hate me for mentioning it, FA is coach poaching period as well. If you find yourself without a head coach or coordinator you can steal a coordinator or position coach from another team to replace him during this period. Try to do any poaching early so that the other GMs have time to replace their coaches before the start of the season.

By Pernbronze
11/25/2017 4:09 am
Dang a disappointing first day of free agency for the Storm as far as nabbing talent. but on the plus side I've set myself up in great cap condition for the foreseeable future. I've also filled most of the vital needs of the team without going over at any position (my roster count) going from 19 players to 41. Now I just need to fill out my team and have a good draft. Since I retained all my playmakers from last season and now filled in the holes with players who fit my playing style I should contend for a strong playoff spot. I feel I might be better than last season but only slightly.

By Smirt211
11/25/2017 5:59 am
Au Revoir, Ralph Trowbridge. I've never hated a player more in this game engine than him. Singular reason for losing games without expounding on it. lol

By Hellbringer
11/25/2017 7:24 am
Same for the Panthers. Going to be hard to replace two guards who were in their 90's, plus all 3 starting LB's