League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

How should we proceed with several AI teams?

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
2/13/2024 9:36 pm
We'll likely have a few/several AI run teams so perhaps we should discuss how we should handle things going forward. We all know AI screws teams with both talent and cap space, and there isn't much we can do about it short of setting up dummy accounts to run those teams. Given the currents angst over subscriptions, I highly doubt anyone would be willing to do that. I know I'm not wanting to.

So given what's about to happen to the AI run teams, what do I do when a prospective new owner comes along? I know, we might never have any prospective new owners, but for the sake of discussion let's say we do.

If I offer dead cap relief, is that going to make you guys mad? I know it did when we discussed this before but the MFN circumstances have changed a lot since then.

There may be other issues that arise that I haven't thought of yet, feel free to add your own that you see.

Re: How should we proceed with several AI teams?

By pdoug20
2/13/2024 10:33 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
We'll likely have a few/several AI run teams so perhaps we should discuss how we should handle things going forward. We all know AI screws teams with both talent and cap space, and there isn't much we can do about it short of setting up dummy accounts to run those teams. Given the currents angst over subscriptions, I highly doubt anyone would be willing to do that. I know I'm not wanting to.

So given what's about to happen to the AI run teams, what do I do when a prospective new owner comes along? I know, we might never have any prospective new owners, but for the sake of discussion let's say we do.

If I offer dead cap relief, is that going to make you guys mad? I know it did when we discussed this before but the MFN circumstances have changed a lot since then.

There may be other issues that arise that I haven't thought of yet, feel free to add your own that you see.

Considering that this news just got thrown on us out of nowhere, I'm ok with you doing whatever you need to do to keep our league going, Commish. This announcement from JDB is giving off "crossing the bridge if/when we get there" vibes. You lead, Commish, and we'll follow...

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
2/14/2024 2:03 am
pdoug20 wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:

Considering that this news just got thrown on us out of nowhere, I'm ok with you doing whatever you need to do to keep our league going, Commish. This announcement from JDB is giving off "crossing the bridge if/when we get there" vibes. You lead, Commish, and we'll follow...

LOL the blind leading the blind

By ArmoredGiraffe
2/14/2024 1:39 pm
I have no problem with dead cap being cleared assuming the new owner made next to no actions accruing it. I also have no problem with alt accounts, from trusted/vetted owners, going to teams to resign players/sign minimum level FA deals to help the ownerless teams not become too talent barren.

If they cut 10 players with 4+ year deals themselves then I think it should be a learning moment but this assumes we are going to be a full league. Managing the cap is easy once you start using the tricks, that are available on the forums to be found or the owner could ask for help, and in the grand scheme of things your cap is not as important as it should be to your team's record. As long as you have enough to resign your draft picks it rarely matters.

However if we are always having AI teams in FA then we should consider letter owners cut those garbage AI contracts and having that cap cleaned to help entice prospective owners but this would only be ideal in the situation we are not a full league season in season out