League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: World Bowl XXXV Preview

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
1/24/2024 2:43 am
World Bowl XXXV

Houston Gamblers (16-3) @ New Orleans VooDoo (17-1)

Point Spread: New Orleans -4

Houston: Offense 3rd Defense 15th
New Orleans: Offense 10th Defense 1st

Playoff Records: Houston 46-17 New Orleans 29-23

World Bowl Records: Houston 9-0 (Won: IX, XI, XII, XV, XXI, XXII, XXIII, XXVI, XXXII) New Orleans 1-5 (Won: XXXI; Lost: III, VII, XVIII, XXVII, XXX)

Head to Head: This is the first World Bowl against each other. Houston is 6-2 all time against New Orleans, winning in 1981, 1985, 1989, 1993, 1997, and 2001. New Orleans won in 1977 and 2005.

Injuries: Houston 2 probable, 2 questionable New Orleans 4 probable, 1 questionable

Prediction: Houston 26 New Orleans 23 (OT)

I can't bring myself to pick against Houston in a World Bowl. They're 9-0 and some people would say they're due to lose one of these. Logic says that's true, but it was also true when the Gamblers won their 4th title, 5th title, etc.

Basing things on recent play, New Orleans has been winning despite sloppy play by QB Willie Graham. Graham has been sacked 8 times and intercepted 5 times in 2 playoff games and they're 2/8 in the red zone (2 TDs, 6 FGs). Houston QB Dale Baber has thrown just 1 INT in 3 games this post season.

Despite that, I think this game ends up in OT for the second time in history. I'm not going to talk about the first one unless this one ends in OT for real, because I've talked about my team enough already today.
Last edited at 1/24/2024 2:44 am

By Cjfred68
1/24/2024 2:46 pm
Obviously, I'm excited to play in another World Bowl but I really don't want to tarnish my World Bowl legacy with a lose.

No risk it...no bisquit!!!!

Good luck Legendruthless and let's hope it's a good game!!!

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
1/24/2024 4:52 pm
Tarnish might be overkill. Even if you lose, your team would still be 9-1 with 4 more titles than Memphis. Irl, when people talk about the Patriots, I almost never hear about the SBs they lost. Of course 10-0 with twice as many titles as anyone else is better.

Either way the Gamblers are at the top of the mountain the rest of us are trying to climb. Good luck to both of you.