Main - League News/General Discussion

Thanksgiving Break

Do we want a 2 day Thanksgiving break?

Yes
No

Re: Thanksgiving Break

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
11/18/2023 5:39 pm
To keep our game sims on the same day of the week, if we take a break it will be a 2 day break, Wednesday and Thursday.

11/18/2023 5:49 pm
This won't stay open long since time is of the essence and idk how I'll even respond. I suppose if it's remotely close I'll probably not delay anything, need to see some kind of decent majority.

11/20/2023 1:39 am
Get those votes in

11/20/2023 1:22 pm
With Thanksgiving coming during the draft, I'm thinking I'll require just a simple majority to take a break, and one of the no votes doesn't count as I needed to hit a button to see voting results.

I want to give people a chance to trade picks and look things over instead of feeling rushed. The draft is a very important part of the team building process, especially when our free agent pool isn't usually great. That's why I'll require just a simple majority. Had this been a game or midweek sim, I'd require a much larger majority.

If we do take a break, I hope those of you that wanted to keep going aren't too upset. I'll probably keep the vote going until Round 1 ends tomorrow.

11/21/2023 2:03 pm
I went ahead and closed the poll, and while the vote shows 9-9, my no vote doesn't count as I said before. Even if I do count it, it's a tie.

Whichever way I decide, half the voters want the other way, so which side should I upset? If I upset those who want a break and keep the draft going, they might just ignore the draft anyway and possibly resent their "autopicks". If I upset those that want to keep drafting by stopping the draft, they'll just have extra time to watch football and/or eat turkey.

With that in mind, I'll be pausing the draft for 2 days after the last pick tonight.

I mentioned before I want a 2 day break to keep the same game day schedule, so why Wednesday/Thursday instead of the holiday and Black Friday? I work in the pizza business and tomorrow is one of our busiest days of the year as people don't want to cook for themselves when they're cooking a big meal Thursday. Black Friday seems more like a chill day and easier to draft.