League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Dead Cap Relief Criteria (New Owners Only)

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
4/28/2022 2:52 am
1) Dead cap relief is for new owners only

2) DCR (dead cap relief) must be requested either via PM or league message board

3) In addition to rule #2, the DCR must be requested before any other moves are made

4) A DCR request does not guarantee it will be granted

5) I will review any DCR requests and give you my answer via the same way you requested unless I grant your request, in which case it will be disclosed via league message board for all to see.

6) DCR is not a get out of jail free card nor a perk for new recruits. The league has made it clear they do not want it like this and I agree.

Re: Dead Cap Relief Criteria (New Owners Only)

2/16/2024 2:55 pm
Just to clarify, dead cap relief is for teams who are up against the cap through no fault of their own. Usually it's due to either bad AI contracts or the previous owner left things a mess.

The cap relief is to enable signing players and will only be approved if it's needed.

4/04/2024 3:20 am
Given the subscription model decimating the MFN user base, clearing dead cap for new owners will likely be the standard. I'll take it on a case by case basis.

For example, prior to the 2010 season we have two openings. Charlotte will get their dead cap cleared if they get a human owner, Arizona will not. Charlotte currently has about $9.4 million to spend in free agency after they account for draft pick contracts and they have $16 million of dead cap. The Hornets new owner will need that extra money to spend.

Arizona, on the other hand, doesn't need cap relief. As it stands now they have nearly $200 million to spend after rookie contracts with just under $6 million in dead cap. IMO there isn't much difference between having $197 million and having $203 million.

That being said, if AI ruins things in free agency for Arizona, I will revisit the situation.

5/07/2024 2:12 pm
This post no longer needs to be stuck at the top since I've relaxed on the requirements given the subscription model.

By Kababmaster
5/08/2024 7:49 am
raidergreg69 wrote:
This post no longer needs to be stuck at the top since I've relaxed on the requirements given the subscription model.

Hey boss, if that's the case, give us our money back lol.