League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

New Blog Post: Partial Week 6

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
5/18/2021 9:43 am
https://mfnusflwfl.blogspot.com/2021/05/week-6-gamblers-lose-midwest-division.html

Sometimes I split the writing up, doing some games before work then finishing after, and that was my plan yesterday. Plans get derailed, especially when you leave your car running and some tweeker drives off in it. It's a long dumb story I won't repeat, but basically I let my guard down. Dayton Police knocked on my door today, since my cell phone was in my stolen vehicle and said they found it in Butler County, about 20-30 miles away. So today, I get to deal with that, which is better than going car/phone shopping.

Re: New Blog Post: Partial Week 6

By dfisherman
5/18/2021 9:56 am
Glad they found it, hopefully undamaged as well.

By Dogboyuk75
5/18/2021 3:25 pm
cheers for doing what you could greg glad you got phone and car back

5/18/2021 5:15 pm
Yeah, it's pretty much undamaged. I was left with no gas and my cheap CVS dashcam is missing, but overall I am extremely lucky.

5/18/2021 5:41 pm
It's actually a funny story now that I got my car back. I was on a delivery and this girl was sitting on the porch, I figured she was a friend of the customer. I ask her if it's her food, it wasn't, so I take 3 steps and knock on the front door. This girl then sidles off the porch and I noticed right when she was standing by my driver door. Oh yeah, my car was in the driveway, running, I never thought this girl was gonna hop in and drive off but sure enough, she did. I ran after her and I got to my door right as she put it in reverse, which locked the doors, otherwise I was gonna yank her *** out. I was still holding the pizza bag with the food inside, and the bag handle caught on my door, dragging me with it, so I let go, and watched as my car drove off with a pizza bag hanging from the door. Oh yeah, she left a backpack behind on the porch, which had her I.D. in it.

Inside my car was my cell phone and house keys, though on a different keychain than the car keys. The customer let me use their phone to call the cops and work, and I caught a ride with our driver that brought the replacement food. I ended up kicking in my basement window to get in my house since I had no keys.

I didn't work the rest of the night but I was too mad at myself to finish the blog, and I figured I'd be busy today, but with different things. I figured I'd start by buying a new phone, then calling a locksmith, a window company and looking for another vehicle, as my 2001 Chevy Cavalier is not up to the punishment my job doles out.

Woke up early, didn't sleep so good, but DPD knocked on my door about 9:30 am to tell me they found my car a couple counties away. My buddy drove me out there, and we actually showed up before she was even booked, more on her arrest shortly. We had to wait 90 minutes to 2 hours for her to be booked and to get my tow release so I could drive my car home.

So, on to her arrest...apparently she was drugged out, banging on a random person's door wanting to use the bathroom and she got those local cops called on her for that. By the time they show up, she was passed out in my car and when they ran the plates, it came back stolen.
Last edited at 5/18/2021 5:43 pm

By jabillups85
5/18/2021 8:54 pm
WOW just wow!!

5/18/2021 9:12 pm
It wasn't even a late night delivery, it happened about 10:00 at night. I'm still kind of dumbfounded by the whole thing and I should have played the lottery tonight. This is the second time I've had a car stolen and the second time I got it back intact. Happened to me about 20 years ago when I worked at a different pizza place. It was winter and I was about to go on a delivery after I ran over to the bar next door to drop off an order. Walked out the door and saw my car go down the street. Cops found that one in 90 minutes, as 2 Belmont High School kids hopped in it and drove about a mile or so and parked it behind a body shop.