League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: I hope Tribewriter Is OK

By tribewriter
5/07/2021 5:16 pm
Guys, I am really touched by your concern. Let me start off by saying I am much better now. I have been back to work for a few weeks and am much better able to take on physical tasks around the house. Pretty much good to go.

I want to apologize for ignoring you if you sent me a Facebook friend request and I did not recognize your name immediately and rejected it. If only you guys went by your MFN nicknames instead of your real life names! I thought I had raidergreg's email address, but I could not seem to find it when I needed it.

My wife and I were both really, really sick. The degree of fatigue and nausea were like nothing I have ever experienced with any flu. I dropped 15-20 pounds in 3-plus weeks. In early April, things began taking a slow turn the other direction and I started feeling good enough to work half-days, then full days.

I really didn't have enough strength for MFN or anything else, so my teams all lapsed. Now, having been away from it for a while, I realize just how much time—an incredible amount—I was devoting to MFN. I think that, for now, I will give those hours back to work and family. Down the road, maybe I will have more discretionary time and return to MFN.

Grateful for your concern and for the fun I/we had with the USFL/WFL. Was, and is, the best league in MFN.

I will try to log in now and then to see what life lessons I can glean from the wisdom imparted in the USFL league forum.

By Cjfred68
5/07/2021 6:54 pm
All that matters us you are OK. Take as much time as you need and if/when you return....it will be with arms open!

Happy ending in my book

By setherick
5/07/2021 7:11 pm
tribewriter wrote:
I will try to log in now and then to see what life lessons I can glean from the wisdom imparted in the USFL league forum.

I'm sure I've learned a few new curse words at least.

I'm glad that you are feeling better! Here's to hoping that recovery continues to go smoothly.

By dfisherman
5/08/2021 7:49 am
Great to hear you are doing better tribewriter. All the best to you and your family!

By trslick
5/08/2021 11:38 am
Great news TW, I still have fatigue problems after a year, keep fighting!

By mwd65
5/10/2021 3:33 pm
Glad you are doing better, tribewriter! Take care of yourself!

By pdoug20
5/12/2021 11:31 pm
I haven't logged onto our forums in quite a while, so I'm definitely out of the loop. TW, glad to see that you're doing much better. As much as you were there for me when I lost my son a few years ago, I hope we can be there for you as you continue to recover.