League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1994 usflwfl draft

By Dogboyuk75
4/28/2021 12:22 pm
hes started slippery slope of regression as well cfred and retirement looming,i defo wouldnt offer a 2nd,he could still be productive this year though so id pitch about a 4th if i was offering.good luck moving him

By Cjfred68
4/28/2021 12:37 pm
I'm fine keeping him, he is depth on my team. I was sent a trade offer for him by a team with nothing on their offensive line. Nelson would immediately start at LT, LG, RG or RT on that team.

So they needed him and approached me. I wasn't planning on moving him but someone sent me a offer for him for a rookie DE that I had no interest in. I counter with a 2nd rounder straight up for him. He countered with a DT plus a 5th rounder. I countered with a 3rd and 4th.

He rejected that final offer and talks ended. I was just curious what others thought. If he had continued negotiations, I probably would have settled for 2 4ths or maybe a 4th and 5th but talks have stopped.

By setherick
4/28/2021 12:54 pm
Dogboyuk75 wrote:
hes started slippery slope of regression as well cfred and retirement looming,i defo wouldnt offer a 2nd,he could still be productive this year though so id pitch about a 4th if i was offering.good luck moving him

FWIW OL don't regress until 12-13 years as opposed to 8-9 years like skill players. DL also don't regress until 12-13 years, and then usually only in AC/SP so you can shift aging DEs inside and keep rolling.

By Cjfred68
4/28/2021 1:07 pm
I use to trade quite a bit more often then I do now. I actually love the art of negotiating, the back and forth of offers and counters but it seems many owners get frustrated with the process and bail quickly.

Obviously, I'm gonna ask for the moon when someone sends me an offer but that doesn't mean I don't wanna complete the trade.

I was sent a unbalanced offer initially for a useless rookie for a proven vet. The other team gets a starter for someone I would have cut and probably doesn't make the offering teams roster. I counter for a 2nd rounder which is clearly too high and he countered with a 5th plus a player who wouldn't make my roster....OK....now we are getting closer....so I countered with a 3rd and 4th and all talks ended despite several PMs stating I would only trade for draft picks.

I just wish more owners would negotiate more. Any offer should be seen as a starting point and any counter as the beginning of a dialogue.

Both teams need to feel they are getting value and sometimes that takes some work.

By Smirt211
4/29/2021 3:14 am
Actually, this is newer (within the past 1-2 years) but OL is now under fire at age 31 - Experience 10. It has become similar to a WR hitting age 30. Maybe not as surefire of a descent but it definitely has become the # of concern and then age 32 runs steady. It steadies until the final decline once you get past age 31 but age 31 is where OL gets dented heavily.