League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

All Pro Ballot Problems (No More Survey Monkey)

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
4/06/2021 9:01 pm
Well I just wasted some time tonight trying to create our ballot on Survey Monkey. I created question 1, QB, and I put the 8 names I wanted, clicked the appropriate option boxes and hit the save button so I could proceed to question 2. To my surprise, only 4 names showed up on the QB list, so I go back and edit it, adding the missing names. Again, only 4 showed up after hitting save.

One thing I noticed that was different, was how the option boxes worked. Option boxes are basically how many names I can put for each question, and for previous ballots, a blank one would always pop up when I filled in the last box with a name and stats. This time however, it did not pop up with a fresh, blank box after I filled in the 4 boxes they gave me, so I hit the "+" button to add one. That worked every time in edit mode, it let me add all 8 names, but like I said above, only 4 would show up after hitting save.

I doubt I did anything incorrectly, as I've always used SM, and looking around their site, I saw a lot of yellow, highlighted, locked options so I'm left to assume the free version now only allows 4 options per question. Obviously that won't work for us.

I was then just going to make some polls on our forums until I realized we are allowed only 1 answer per poll question, and I'm not creating 5 OL polls, 4 DL polls, etc. I want to keep voting anonymous, so that rules out voting by posting lists or using PM.

I sat frustrated for a bit, watching the Reds crush the Pirates, until I googled free surveys. Turns out it looks like Google will work, as they have a free survey creator that is similar to SM. I created the QB question and all 8 names showed up, so I'm hoping this works and they will give me 10 questions.

Only problem now is I don't feel like doing the tedious work of creating the rest of it tonight. I'm starting to get tired, which leads to me making mistakes, so I'll get back at it tomorrow.

Re: All Pro Ballot Problems (No More Survey Monkey)

By setherick
4/06/2021 9:14 pm
What about Google forms? https://www.google.com/forms/about/

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
4/06/2021 9:30 pm
setherick wrote:
What about Google forms? https://www.google.com/forms/about/

That's what I was referring to here in the OP

Turns out it looks like Google will work, as they have a free survey creator that is similar to SM. I created the QB question and all 8 names showed up, so I'm hoping this works and they will give me 10 questions.

By setherick
4/06/2021 9:42 pm
Missed it. I only skimmed the first few paragraphs about SM not working for free anymore.

By jabillups85
4/07/2021 8:09 am
Google Forms should let you create as many questions as you need. I use it all the time and really like it.