League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: What happened to Holly/San Jose?

By setherick
4/03/2021 6:16 pm
Pretty sure that I figured out how to super max contracts by chasing lellow too. (Or Dark Rogue... Or whatever other name he went by at the time.)

The best thing about a super max contract is that it's still no guaranteed to get the player since the max guarantee is the same for all players.

Greg beat me with a default max contract over a super max contract on Fontenot a few seasons ago in this league.
Last edited at 4/03/2021 6:18 pm

By Smirt211
4/03/2021 6:18 pm
I recall him reveling in my missed bid. It pissed me off.

He thought it was funny and I was like um, okay - I got to halt this title run.

By Smirt211
4/03/2021 6:29 pm
Re: Holly

Probably burn out/lack of time from when he went AWOL on the site. He ascended to getting everyone's best shot each game and in each league. He probably had personal stuff coinciding alongside high stakes games/maintaining position pressure.

I like HHH and consider him a friend. He had to fight for my respect and got it because I knew he sat down on league pages and delved deep to learn from the best players but but he got so f***ing good I had to give him his props! :)
Last edited at 4/03/2021 6:33 pm

By setherick
4/03/2021 8:28 pm
For anyone that is confused about what a supermax contract is, let me explain it briefly.

When you set the sliders to max salary and set the bonus to a max of 75% for the max number of years, the base salary that shows is not actually 75% of the yearly salary because of rounding errors. The max base salary is actually a few dollars higher per season.

You can manually adjust the base salary to be the max allowed by the game engine (hence supermax), but this doesn't actually provide an advantage to signing the player.