League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Hall of Fame Committee???

By trslick
3/31/2021 11:45 am
I vote in Cj's league, I enjoy it and would enjoy voting here if you need me! Its sad to see players
miss out that have earned it!

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
3/31/2021 11:52 am
trslick wrote:
I vote in Cj's league, I enjoy it and would enjoy voting here if you need me! Its sad to see players
miss out that have earned it!

Awesome, CJ said last night you would be a good person to ask. I think we have our 4 now as long as tribewriter is willing, me, you, CJ and TW.

Keeping it at 4 makes it easy to get a 75% and 25% threshold. I'll get working on this past year's retirees while we wait on TW to get well. I'm in no hurry for the HOF, they're retired players anyway.

By Loftusranger
4/01/2021 3:20 am
Greg,
If you want another for the Committee I am happy to join.
Been around in Shreveport since day one and I have seen many a player tear my lot apart.

4/01/2021 8:06 am
Loftusranger wrote:
Greg,
If you want another for the Committee I am happy to join.
Been around in Shreveport since day one and I have seen many a player tear my lot apart.

If we have enough interest, I may do the voting on a rotating basis, so as not to leave anyone out. I may also keep the process the same, except for the 75% part. I think part of the problem with the 75% is we have too many people voting on too many players, which spreads the votes out too thin, preventing anyone from being inducted.

I want to include everyone in the process and I also want some inductees. It's not like I've never broke the 75% rule before. I'll have a definitive answer sometime before Monday, I've been up all night slinging pies and writing the blog. Two more recaps to write, then breakfast, then bed.

By setherick
4/01/2021 8:53 am
Once there is a committee set, I think y'all should go through the past candidates that didn't get 75% to make sure that there aren't some that should have made it.

4/01/2021 9:01 am
setherick wrote:
Once there is a committee set, I think y'all should go through the past candidates that didn't get 75% to make sure that there aren't some that should have made it.

I will be starting with everyone on the last ballot that had at least 25% of the vote. When I did the multi year HOF ballot, tribewriter actually vetted a lot of players. The only players we might have missed would be OL

By setherick
4/01/2021 9:02 am
raidergreg69 wrote:
setherick wrote:

I will be starting with everyone on the last ballot that had at least 25% of the vote. When I did the multi year HOF ballot, tribewriter actually vetted a lot of players. The only players we might have missed would be OL

Makes sense.

By Cjfred68
4/01/2021 12:20 pm
O-line is tough!

I have 3 out of the 37 Hall of Famers in XFL as offensive linemen.

QB, WR, RB, MLB and CB get all the stats with some Defensive linemen making it with big sack numbers.

I'm in 100% Greg, I love diving into stats anyway!