League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

1993 Playoff Scenarios

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
3/27/2021 4:40 am
American Conference

Clinched Division: Portland
Clinched Playoff Spot: Memphis, Houston
In the Hunt: San Jose, Honolulu, Southern California, Oakland, Denver, Michigan, Chicago, Cleveland

Portland has clinched the West and have the inside track on home field advantage. Memphis and Houston are battling it out for the Southwest, with the other team earning the #5 seed.

San Jose is in the best position of teams in the hunt as they just need 1 more win or 1 more Honolulu loss to win the Pacific. Michigan is in the driver's seat for the Midwest crown with a 1 game lead and a 5-1 division record.

The Wildcard race is wild, as we currently have 6 non division leaders fighting for the 1 available spot. According to MFN, Chicago would be the current #6 seed, followed by Honolulu and Cleveland, all with 7-6 records. Oakland and Denver are 6-7, one game behind, while Southern California are 2 games out.

Re: 1993 Playoff Scenarios

3/27/2021 5:09 am
National Conference

Clinched Division: Florida
Clinched Playoff Spot: Washington, New Jersey
In the Hunt: Tampa Bay, New Orleans, Birmingham, Shreveport, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Philadelphia

New Jersey was the first team to clinch a playoff spot in this conference, and they are the current #1 seed, yet they have not clinched the East. Florida has clinched the Southeast and the Blazers have a Week 15 game against the Generals that could give them home field with a win. Washington has a 2 game lead in the Atlantic and will be no worse than a wildcard.

Philadelphia is 10-3, currently the #5 seed, and likely in with 1 more win. The Bell also have a chance to win the East. It seems likely the Federals win the Atlantic, leaving 9-4 Pittsburgh and 8-5 Baltimore to fight for the wildcard. The Maulers are currently in as the #6 seed, with the Stars right behind them at #7. Of all the 7-6 or 6-7 teams, Tampa Bay has the toughest road to hoe as they need to win out and have more than 1 team collapse, since the division title is not in play. In the South we have a 3 way race between 7-6 New Orleans, 7-6 Birmingham and 6-7 Shreveport. It's likely these 3 teams are fighting for 1 spot, as the wildcard will be difficult to attain.
Last edited at 3/27/2021 5:09 am

3/29/2021 9:57 am
Things cleared up quite a bit, especially in the National Conference, although I think the standings glitch is back. MFN shows the Baltimore Stars as eliminated, but I can not confirm that, so I'll treat them as if they still have a chance. In reality, the Stars must win twice and have Pittsburgh and/or Philadelphia to lose twice, then hope the MFN tiebreakers show them love.

American Conference

Clinched A BYE: Portland
Clinched Division: San Jose
Clinched Playoff Spot: Memphis, Houston
In the Hunt: Honolulu, Oakland, Denver, Michigan, Chicago, Cleveland

Portland has clinched the West and will be no worse than the #2 seed. San Jose clinched the Pacific this week and will likely be the #3 seed. Memphis and Houston are both in, with the Week 16 showdown looming large. The division winner will likely be the #2 seed with the other team being #5. Michigan has the inside track on winning the Midwest with a 2 game lead. Honolulu, Oakland, Chicago, and Cleveland are all tied with 7-7 records, and they are fighting with 6-8 Denver for the final wildcard spot.

3/29/2021 10:14 am
National Conference

Clinched Division: Florida, Washington, New Jersey
Clinched Wildcard: Pittsburgh, Philadelphia *(According to MFN)*
In the Hunt: New Orleans, Birmingham, Shreveport, and possibly Baltimore

Nobody has clinched a BYE yet in this conference, but Florida plays New Jersey this week with the winner most likely getting a BYE. If the Generals win, they will get a BYE for sure, while if the Blazers win, they need to watch the Washington game. The Federals beat the Blazers earlier in the season, so they own the tiebreaker.

Washington plays Baltimore this week, and the Federals can eliminate the Stars for sure with a win. It's quite possible that MFN is correct and Baltimore is already eliminated, but I can't confirm that currently. Pittsburgh and Philadelphia are both shown as in already, and the only way they both don't make it is if they lose twice while the Stars win twice and get the tiebreaker.

The South Division still has 3 teams within 1 game. New Orleans has a 1 game lead on Birmingham and Shreveport, and the VooDoo play the Steamer this week. If New Orleans wins, they will eliminate Shreveport, but if the Steamer win, we'll have 3 games to scoreboard watch in Week 16.

By Cjfred68
3/29/2021 11:41 am
Houston has made the playoffs 12 straight seasons (10 under my ownership) which ties the Washington Federals all under Crazyrazor's ownership for most consecutive playoff appearances....I believe

3/29/2021 2:06 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:
Houston has made the playoffs 12 straight seasons (10 under my ownership) which ties the Washington Federals all under Crazyrazor's ownership for most consecutive playoff appearances....I believe

Sounds about right. The Generals had an 11 year streak broken a couple seasons ago, and I think at the time, that was the longest streak.