League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

New Blog Post: Week 4: And Then There Were 4 Undefeated

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
3/06/2021 5:18 pm
https://mfnusflwfl.blogspot.com/2021/03/week-4-and-then-there-were-4-undefeated.html

Re: New Blog Post: Week 4: And Then There Were 4 Undefeated

By setherick
3/07/2021 11:33 am
Portland had it all working today against Jacksonville, and I just realized Portland and Florida will play this season, in Week 12. Will they both be 11-0 by then?

I know my plan is to be 11-0. I'm still salty over losing the division last year.

By zimmer89
3/07/2021 12:52 pm
Haha my plan is still to try to make the playoffs. I'm sure I'll have my work cut out for me in week 12. Still learning this game but having fun building the franchise!

By Cjfred68
3/07/2021 3:03 pm
Personally, I like getting a losein the 1st four games....it eliminates the pressure of a perfect season.

I can't count the number of teams (both mine and others) that have gone into the playoffs 16-0 and get "Simmed"!

What is "Simmed"? Everyone has experienced it at some point....all the rolls go against you and the game quickly snowballs outta control. Early turnovers lead to big deficit and the more the team tries to get back into the game....the deeper a hole is dug.

Because of this....I play around with my gameplan and experiment more then usual before beginning game 5-6 where I start to streamline and tighten up my gameplan.

This is just me....I don't have facts or databases to back it up. It's just an observation from playing well over 100 seasons in this game.

The perfect season is possible, I've done it and seen others accomplish it but I've seen many fail in the playoffs which hurts even more then usual.

Edit to add:

There have been 2 perfect seasons in the USFL.

1977 Detroit Wheels
1986 Memphis Showboats
Last edited at 3/07/2021 3:09 pm

By setherick
3/07/2021 3:15 pm
I've been simmed many times. I've also messed up my game plan too many times playing around early in the season too.