League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

*20th Anniversary Season*

By raidergreg69 - League Admin
2/25/2021 8:43 pm
As we begin our 20th regular season, I was planning on highlighting the league's All Time Team, but all I get is the circle of death, so I broke it down by conference. From time to time, I plan on highlighting something about our league's history to celebrate 20 seasons.

First up is the American Conference All Time Team.

Re: *20th Anniversary Season*

2/25/2021 8:44 pm
Next is the National Conference All Time Team

Last edited at 2/25/2021 8:45 pm

2/25/2021 8:49 pm
It's odd how they do the helmets, as I guess they just use the player's last team. Jimmy Hoffa has a Tampa Bay Bandits helmet next to his name despite playing 12 of his 13 seasons with New Jersey.

If any of your players made the list, congratulations. These are the best of the best these last 19 seasons.

2/25/2021 8:52 pm
Last one for tonight isn't going to make Cjfred happy, and I'm quite surprised myself that Tony Dean isn't the QB.

Postseason All Time Team

2/25/2021 9:14 pm
I lied, one more thing I just found. I was thinking about what I might want to highlight in the future, so I thought of how did the 1st round of the allocation go. Turns out that we had 4 Hall of Fame players drafted in our first 30 picks.

I'm kicking myself right now because I picked 5th, taking Doug Fluty, but Hall of Fame QB Joe Richardson went right after, at #6 to Washington. We'll never know, but I'd be willing to bet I'd be better than 2-4 in the World Bowl with Richardson.

Another HOF QB went 16th, old faithful Agustin Crook to the Denver Gold. Crook moved onto Birmingham in 1975 and was a Stallion until he retired after 1977.

Gregory Shea is listed as a RB in the draft history but Memphis must have made him a WR/KR because that's his listed HOF position. The Showboats drafted Shea 21st overall.

DB Allen Herrerra was chosen 30th overall by the Oklahoma Outlaws and played 8 seasons there.
Last edited at 2/25/2021 9:15 pm

By setherick
2/25/2021 9:39 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
Last one for tonight isn't going to make setherick happy, and I'm quite surprised myself that Tony Dean isn't the QB.

Postseason All Time Team[/img]

Fixed it for you. I drafted most of those Houston players... :)
Last edited at 2/25/2021 9:41 pm

2/25/2021 9:51 pm
setherick wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:
Last one for tonight isn't going to make setherick happy, and I'm quite surprised myself that Tony Dean isn't the QB.

I was talking about Tony Dean specifically not being on the list. Idk which one of you drafted Dean, but as much as CJ brags on him, deservedly so btw, I associate Dean with CJ.

Why are you trying to bust my ***** tonight over silly technicalities in posts?

By setherick
2/25/2021 11:10 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
setherick wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:

I was talking about Tony Dean specifically not being on the list. Idk which one of you drafted Dean, but as much as CJ brags on him, deservedly so btw, I associate Dean with CJ.

Why are you trying to bust my ***** tonight over silly technicalities in posts?

Ah, I see. Fred drafted Dean. I won Houston's first LC with a rental QB in Valencia? I think that was who.

2/25/2021 11:16 pm
All I know is CJ has a virtual man crush on Tony Dean, and his version of Randall Cunningham in XFL. Guess I'm the one busting chops now.

By Cjfred68
2/26/2021 2:39 am
Hey!!!

Leave my "Man Crush" alone!!!

I admit, I do live vicariously through my QBs but with my layered style of offense....thats pretty much the only position I EVER have at the top of the player stats page.

The reason I like Tony Dean so much is he isnt rated high (by my weights). He pretty much has been 84/84 his entire career. Thats slightly above average but he isnt a 90 rated player or even high 80s.

Besides, I'm not the league admin in this great league which frees me up to add a little flavor to "Mr. MVP" and bring him to life a little. Its all in fun and if I'm not having fun...then whats the point.

When Tony Dean was asked about not being the best postseason QB in the Conference.....his response was to hold up 3 fingers.....apparently to represent his 3 Titles. Jon Snow has zero!!!! In fact in 1988, they both played in the World Bowl and well you know....

But seriously Jon Snow and Tony Dean are 1 and 2 up and down the passing leaders among active players for both regular and postseason stats.
Both are future Hall of Famers so I hope Baltimore can win a ring before Snow retires.

I jokingly post Jim Kelly photos as Tony Dean but the irony is Snow has been to 3 title games and lost them all.

Tony Dean

Regular season
45,608 yards (14th Alltime/3rd active)
402 TD (3rd Alltime/1st active)

Postseason
7,018 yards (1st Alltime)
54 TD (2nd Alltime)

Jon Snow

Regular season
45,827 ((13th Alltime/2nd active)
401 YD (4th Alltime/2nd active)

Postseason